Question on shortblock swap

Noonman350

Reaction score
I'm lookin to swap shortblocks in my 02 to eliminate the PMR problem I hate so much... But here's the question. Am I limited to just SD blocks? Or can OBS ones work too? Apologies if it is a stupid question, I just don't want to accidentally purchase one that won't work.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Both will work. When I did it I got a e99 long block so it still had seasoned head gaskets. If you do e99 or obs there are a few minor things you'll have to change. Obs has a hole in the valley for the fuel pump that you'll have to plug with an 18 or 19mm freeze plug (can't remember exact size).

bruce

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you swap the entire engine? Do you already have ported heads or somethin?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yup... Just swap the whole motor... Move a few things over from your SD truck and keep on rocking.

I'm rocking a 96 motor right now, before this one it was a 97...

Noonman350

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you swap the entire engine? Do you already have ported heads or somethin?

Well I got them polished up and everything when I studded them cause tegu needed it bad. And that was only 4000 miles ago. That's kinda why I was just gunna swap shortblocks. Now, if I did go this rout. Could I still use an SD HPOP or would I have to run an OBS 15*? And id have to run OBS t4 mounts too right??

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes you can use the sd hpop, and no, you can swap one of the exhaust manifolds and use the super duty turbo, up pipes,mounts, plenums, etc...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.