Question when Tuned on 2 devices

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Long story short went w/K e m tunes & changed to Sct platform, Dyno'd 704hp/1220tq but smokes too much around town. Question is since I now have 2 tuning devices can I just plug H&s back in & download those custom tunes again without worry? I'm just confused b/c original H&s unit shows it's still loaded & just trying to make sure I can reprogram truck w/either device in the future or what process do I need to follow? Thanks, Jayson.

sootie

Reaction score
worst case is if you didnt return to stock with the H&S, you will need to get the unit unlocked.

What i would do first is return to stock with the SCT platform. Then plug the H&S in and return to stock. If that works successfully, retune with the H&S.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
return to stock with the SCT

then just load the H&S

next time return the truck to stock with the H&S before you program with the SCT so you don't have it locked in limbo

sootie

Reaction score
return to stock with the SCT

then just load the H&S

next time return the truck to stock with the H&S before you program with the SCT so you don't have it locked in limbo

my bad-i didnt realize you could load a tune from the H&S when it reads "download installed" already. I thought you would have to return to stock to overwrite whatever was on the pcm in order to then reload the custom tune he wanted. Obviously the tune that the H&S thinks is programmed into the pcm isnt. (or will this work because the SCT actually stores whatever is on the pcm when it gets tuned and it will be the H&S tune that it reprograms to the PCM when return to stock is selected?)

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, last night I got feed up w/shifting & I just reflashed w/H&s & reloaded GH. I didn't return Sct back to stock but we'll worry about that another time.

Tc was slipping on these tunes & throw the wrench light before I got to reload her. Cleared code & all ok now but think tranny needs beefed up quickly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 43

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
H&S doesn't save a stock tune. It has copies of all the stock tunes in it and will load its version thereof

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, last night I got feed up w/shifting & I just reflashed w/H&s & reloaded GH. I didn't return Sct back to stock but we'll worry about that another time.

Especially when it won't work because it's locked up :eek:

No great loss IMO, but yeah, your SCT might be a brick at the moment

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I was mostly confused on returning to stock due to NO extra crap on truck anymore but I didn't wait & all loaded well going back to H&s.

sootie

Reaction score
I was mostly confused on returning to stock due to NO extra crap on truck anymore but I didn't wait & all loaded well going back to H&s.

doesnt matter if you dont start the truck...but yeah, your SCT is scrap now.

Latest posts

Members online