questionsss

alwaysstrokin

Reaction score
so ive noticed when i run my truck hard it will leak a little coolant out of the top of the degas bottle. however ive never blown the top off of it it never overheats and ive never had any other symptoms of blown head gaskets. ive got an egr delete. 58v ficm and im runnin the Street x tune from innovative diesel along with intake and exhaust shimmed fuel spring. what could be causing my issue? if i dont run it hard it never leaks anything so im really curious as to what could be goin on.

ToMang07

Reaction score
so ive noticed when i run my truck hard it will leak a little coolant out of the top of the degas bottle. however ive never blown the top off of it it never overheats and ive never had any other symptoms of blown head gaskets. ive got an egr delete. 58v ficm and im runnin the Street x tune from innovative diesel along with intake and exhaust shimmed fuel spring. what could be causing my issue? if i dont run it hard it never leaks anything so im really curious as to what could be goin on.

Delta?

Alfie

Reaction score
Have u tested the cap to see at what psi it vents?

Also. Install a pressure gauge on the coolant system. You can just tee off one of the lines that go to the degas bottle. See how much pressure you build in your cooling system. Drive it hard and see. Now if your making cap vent pressure then your head gaskets are bad. You may not get over heating concerns.

Have u monitor EOT and ECT and monitor the split ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Could be nothing, or it could be headgaskets. Sometimes they will just flash boil a little bit when beaten hard.

teamheeler87

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, it was a very slight spit at first but eventually it'll get worse as you keep driving it whether it be hard or not. i just did my head gaskets with studs and the whole bit. but they have been blown for a while and i had to have about .007 in. taken off because i didnt think there was anything wrong. coolant wont leak into the cylinder when its running but they cylinder pressure leaks into the coolant system which pressurizes the degas and then spits (or in my case after almost 6 months of driving it, puking) coolant out of the degas cap.

alwaysstrokin

Reaction score
i think it was just a bad cap from ford i had a guy look at it and he said the cap wasnt releasing at proper pressure...i got a new cap from ford today and i havent had a drop come out and i was doggin it the whole way from work down the interstate for a good 20 miles..

Mdub707

Reaction score
There are a few rare cases when a simple coolant cap replacement does the trick honestly.

Another trick I used to do, stop putting coolant in it and it stops pushing it out! Like a magic trick.

alwaysstrokin

Reaction score
yea ive noticed that too...once it gets low on coolant it stops losing it completely but never over heats or anything...why is that?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine stopped puking when I stopped adding, but there wasn't any coolant even remotely close to being in the bottle.... I think my water-pump was having issues as well. I replaced basically everything in my cooling system when I had the cab off a few months ago though, running great now and excellent coolant flow.

yeehaw

Reaction score
my white/orange truck had a bad cap at one time, puked when towing or racing. Fixed the cap with the updated new one from Ford and it stopped puking.

Latest posts

Members online