Quick 7.3 injector lesson...

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'm really curious to know who built these. I'm also confused about what looks like weld in the oil ports. Maybe someone can explain what you'd even do that for or am I looking at the pictures wrong?

Last edited:

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
That is the barrel! looks like they were mig'd with no gas.. LOL

Well they used to be split shots.... no wonder they couldn't get them to idle right. These things didn't even fire until they had 800psi icp.

nape8u9u.jpg

8udydu9u.jpg

zupy5avy.jpg

su4uvuse.jpg

Hellen Keller sent this?

David N

Reaction score
Guys, you have to understand if (when) a sponsor calls out another shop it alomost looks as bad on that sponsor as it does to the shop with the shoddy product. Greg is in a tight spot. Posting these pics should be enough, for now. An educated guess should net you the answer as to where these injectors came from . AND if not....Just stick to the handful of injector builders that have a GREAT rep. My bet is that this thread was started not to call out the shop but to show that shop what the hell they are shipping out and how our community will not tolerate it.

Then he shouldn't have posted these pictures at all then. Why post the pictures and not tell who it is? I'd sleep great at night knowing there is a POS injector builder like this and I did nothing to help another potential scammed customer out of $1500.

Petro

Reaction score
Then he shouldn't have posted these pictures at all then. Why post the pictures and not tell who it is? I'd sleep great at night knowing there is a POS injector builder like this and I did nothing to help another potential scammed customer out of $1500.

Well I would hope the shop in question would at least warranty the **** work. I see the point of both sides but I would like to know who it was.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Well I would hope the shop in question would at least warranty the **** work. I see the point of both sides but I would like to know who it was.

why would you want it warrantied?? money back yes. but warranty??

idk.. OP would have done better by not posting at all , instead of leaving us out there to worry about what injectors we have and how good of quality they REALLY are. obviously the original builder is well know, obviously he has a decent reputation which is why OP doesn't want to start a BUILDER war. so theres a decent chance a few of us might have these injectors. it would sure as hell be nice to know. If it was just another injector builder who runs shady injector shop, why would he NOT give everyone a heads up. Its obvious he has the facts to prove it so its not like he is just dragging the builders name through the mud. idk. makes no sense.

BlueScab

Reaction score
idk.. OP would have done better by not posting at all , instead of leaving us out there to worry about what injectors we have and how good of quality they REALLY are. obviously the original builder is well know, obviously he has a decent reputation which is why OP doesn't want to start a BUILDER war. so theres a decent chance a few of us might have these injectors. it would sure as hell be nice to know. If it was just another injector builder who runs shady injector shop, why would he NOT give everyone a heads up. Its obvious he has the facts to prove it so its not like he is just dragging the builders name through the mud. idk. makes no sense.

This!

02BigD

Reaction score

I can't even imagine how stressful it must be to have the forums constantly critiquing your work and efforts. If it was me in Greg's shoe's, I would encourage the owner to step forward here and clue us in. If they don't want to, it is what it is...a good reminder to do your homework when you choose a vendor. Wouldn't you be comfortable in betting that those didn't come out of , (insert your prefered vendor here)?

Last edited:

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I can't even imagine how stressful it must be to have the forums constantly critiquing your work and efforts. If it was me in Greg's shoe's, I would encourage the owner to step forward here and clue us in. If they don't want to, it is what it is...a good reminder to do your homework when you choose a vendor. Wouldn't you be comfortable in betting that those didn't come out of Swamps, or Unlimited, (insert your prefered vendor here)?

I agree with this^ Whoever the builder is would know it's them by looking. They should step up on their own. But I'm glad Greg showed these pics. I've got 2 guesses on who it could be. But I hope the builder shows up and and explains things.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hey I was just showing you all how not to build an injector. All I see here are posts based on assumptions that a shop, possibly well known performed the work. I wont agree or disagree, but we all know this is garbage quality work. LOL

Last edited:

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Ok ok it was me. I don't have a mig welder so I spot weld with jumper cables and some rods I found by a dumpster. We got her Rollin coal like they wanted though.

ford rules

Reaction score
Serious question for me as i dont know. But what are the ports that are welded, and why would you weld them?

MossBack

Reaction score
Serious question for me as i dont know. But what are the ports that are welded, and why would you weld them?

That is the split shot port... Instead of converting them like he should have to single shot. I never thought about welding them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

01PSD

Reaction score
I don't even work on these things, just read basically... and I know not to modify split shots LOL or do that period

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.