Quick question??

G Racing

Reaction score
I have an 05 18mm and a 06 20mm engine. I want to put the 06 heads and rocker boxes on the 05. Will the 05 rocker arms, pushrods, and injector hold downs and work with the 06 heads and rocker boxes?? I don't have all the parts in front of me to compare and was wondering if anyone had done this before. Thanks!!

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I have an 05 18mm and a 06 20mm engine. I want to put the 06 heads and rocker boxes on the 05. Will the 05 rocker arms, pushrods, and injector hold downs and work with the 06 heads and rocker boxes?? I don't have all the parts in front of me to compare and was wondering if anyone had done this before. Thanks!!

yep all will work fine. i know that they changed the injector hold down clamps,let me check the years.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
check your injector hold downs. as there are two different types,t40,and t-45.

the t-40 torx injector hold down will need to stay with the 18mm heads(18mm heads are considered precommonized)

the t-45 injector hold downs will stay with the 20mm heads(commonized)

if you were to try and use the t-40 hold downs on the 20mm heads,you would damage the hold down bolt,and thread hole.

they moved the bolt hole further away from the injector bore on 20mm commonized heads.

rockers and such will be the same. also to make it easy. use the rocker carriers off the 20mm heads as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.