Rear end clutchs?

08Harley

Reaction score
hey wondering if it would be the clutchs in the rear end our what is going on. if i come on the power really hard on pavement only one tire will spin if i run it hard especially turning. but if i go light on gravel or launch it softer both tires will spin. wondering what that could be? and what would be the best kit to get to rebuild it. thanks again

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Mine does it too. Same thing. BUT every now and then both will fire on pavement. I didnt expect it when making a 90* Turn onto another road and kind of mashed the skinny a little more than I needed to and Ended up making a 150* turn when both tires went to spinning. Any other time when I would have wanted both to spin only one would have fired

08Harley

Reaction score
so the wont even lock up on dirt then?? that would make these trucks hard to slide on dirt! good thing i asked i was going to rebuild the rear end

91turbogsx

Reaction score
If you plan on tearing into the rear and are looking for both tires to lock up yet have good street manners I'd suggest a Detroit TrueTrac. I wouldn't bother trying to play with the Ford LS.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
so the wont even lock up on dirt then?? that would make these trucks hard to slide on dirt! good thing i asked i was going to rebuild the rear end

Both always spin on dirt no matter what, but only part of the time will both spin on pavement

Zmann

Reaction score
Google traclock rebuild or sterling limited slip if you want to check out what needs to be done if your going to keep your existing unit

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I know my buddy had problems with one tire fire, he put caltracs on his truck, and we didnt even play with them and last night when we raced in two wheel drive his truck hooked and ran, no marks, just a little haze for a truck length or so from the hard launch. I had me ONE black mark for forever. Needless to say he beat me by 5 or 6 truck lengths because of it LOL

Latest posts

Members online