Rear View Camera Wires

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
So myself, Super08duty and Younger1993 recently did an entire stereo swap on my truck. I replaced the factory navigation/sync unit with a Kenwood 9990. We then hooked up the kenwood to the factory harness on my truck using a METRA---FRST harness to incorporate many of the factory functions. Everything works great, GPS, Stereo, Etc.. However, what we never were able to figure out is the Back Up camera. I have a factory Back Up or Rear View camera on my tailgate. Can anyone tell me which wires inside the truck send that signal? the new Kenwood has an RCA hookup on the back for a camera so I figured I need to find the video + and video - and then splice them into an RCA. But I have no idea which wires behind dash (or elsewhere) control that camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and we got the reverse signal right on the head unit. Whenever I put the truck in reverse, the screen goes into backup camera mode, but there is no signal feeding an image.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
+ signal is white/green (center of rca)
- signal is brown/violet (outside of rca)

keep the shield or you can get a fuzzy signal.. you can either cut a solder a rca on (once again keep the shield)

or get a line level converter and use a short RCA either way good luck :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 56

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
+ signal is white/green (center of rca)
- signal is brown/violet (outside of rca)

keep the shield or you can get a fuzzy signal.. you can either cut a solder a rca on (once again keep the shield)

or get a line level converter and use a short RCA either way good luck :thumbsup:

Thanks man! that picture is kind of hard to see... can you tell me where in the truck I can find those wires??

oneturboforme

Reaction score
there is a better one... im not sure where its at 100% if i remember right its a separate connection on the back of the head unit should have those two plus a 12v constant and a 12v reverse and maybe a ground.. . once again not 100% on that

Attachments

• Audio System-Navigation.pdf
    522.8 KB · Views: 70

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
there is a better one... im not sure where its at 100% if i remember right its a separate connection on the back of the head unit should have those two plus a 12v constant and a 12v reverse and maybe a ground.. . once again not 100% on that

Yeah i see a connector with what looks to be those wires, but there is no shield wrapped around them

oneturboforme

Reaction score
dose each wire have a shield maybe? or it could possibly split lower in the harness so you have three separate wires coming up to the connector? im not 100% sure man sorry

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
no no, you have been a great help. Ill look in depth tomorrow and report back with what I find. But there is a whte green, purple brown, wire in its own plug with a few other wires that look like power ground etc.. its a 8 pin connector i believe

oneturboforme

Reaction score
cool! goodluck you can usually get the pins out maybe you can pull the wires then jumper them and see if it works before you cut it... im bad about that i always just start snipping.. then again nothing solder and shrink wrap cant fix!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.