Rear Window

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
Has anyone else ran into the issue with the power rear window going out????

The dealership said $1,200 and has to replace the entire window.

Any advice on this?:shrug:

Zmann

Reaction score
pm me your email addy

I have a pdf with some info ,,

co04cobra

Reaction score
Yea its a very common failure. Last one I fixed I only replaced the regulator and cable. I'm pretty sure that I ordered it new from ford.

Worst part is that it will probably fail again in a year or so. If you keep the track extremely clean and sprayed with silicone spray it might last longer.

My ? on the 08 setup is since its glued in are you guys having a windshield guy reinstall everytime its out?

Zmann

Reaction score
Get a 08+ one, fits in the same spot and doesn't require that big gasket that goes all the way around the window.

you haven't done this have you ?

it's not a direct swap

the interior trim will look like chit

I use My 06 window every day ,, it was binding a tad after tint so I opened up the bottom track with a piece of flat stock

Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
It seems like mine has came unglued from the lower carrier. My window tilts whenever it is opened.

Zmann

Reaction score
interesting

is there a simple fix ,, I haven't had to mess with mine in years and I live in extreme heat

I do know thieves like to gain access through them since it won't set off the alarm if equipped

Zmann

Reaction score
that is what mine was doing before I massaged the bottom track open a little with the flat bar

Zmann

Reaction score
I just opened the window all the way stuck a flat piece of steel in there and pried both ways inside and outside of the cab to open the channel a little ,, sprayed some lube ( even thought the lube didn't work just by itself earlier lol )

Zmann

Reaction score
lol

they are nice for backing up trailers and they really make the airflow better when u have a side window open

it shouldn't be very hard to add one IMHO

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
My friend with an 07 KR did it to his and said it was a direct swap, I can ask him about the inside but why would it look like chit, my 08 doesn't?

you haven't done this have you ?

it's not a direct swap

the interior trim will look like chit

I use My 06 window every day ,, it was binding a tad after tint so I opened up the bottom track with a piece of flat stock

Zmann

Reaction score
We had a member get an 08 window for his 07 before He realized they were different the company He got it from already glued it in

He kept trying to figure out how to fix the interior side because it no longer had the inside window trim like the old window ,,

Zmann

Reaction score
i really want one like they sold for my last truck
the power window went down

the side shift I have now stacks the tint when open and makes it hard to see out

Latest posts

Members online