Rebuilding. What To Do

RKAdcock

Reaction score
Apparently I'm in need of a new motor for my 6.0 thanks to the dealer... My truck went in to the dealer (running fine minus the usual lack of power until warm and with good compression) for a warranty job on an injector that they had already replaced a few months ago and after they replaced it the cylinder they worked on lost compression and once they tore the head off found some debris in the cylinder and denied the warranty...

Now that I have the truck back at my shop, and got the motor pulled, Im looking for some advice on what to do in terms of making the motor as reliable as possible while maybe adding a little more power. So far the truck already has an exhaust, studs, coolant filter, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjos, MTW hybrid, and all of the little updates like the STC fitting. Right now the machine shop is going over everything but I'm pretty sure the a .020 overbore isn't going to clean up that cylinder with the debris in it. But we'll see.

2013-08-05143613_zps7a615490.jpg

2013-08-05143618_zpsaf8c56d9.jpg

Anyways what things should I be doing while the motor is completely apart? Right now, I'm planning on getting a billet water pump (since the stock one has 150k on it), regulated return, an Airdog 150, and a set of 190/75 injectors. Was thinking pushrods and springs as well but not sure hence why I'm asking what else to do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.