Refresh kit and getting ready for twins

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
So im starting to look into gathering all the parts for a rebuild on my truck. Little history,

250/100s, s471 t500 fuel system arps with 910s. im picking up a set up heads this week to be cleaned up, light porting with new valves and valve job. Aiming for a BTS come summer time, maybe earlier

My goals for this truck are to remain a dailey driver for now. I made 474 on my tow tune and 490/819 in my hot with ALOT of smoke yesterday on the dyno. im still blaming a loose housing on the lower numbers. I could only achieve 30psi and late spool. These are Gearhead tunes which are really clean on the road with up to 42psi. any who, my ultimate goal is 600hp with twins and close as I can to smoke free.

I was thinking 300/200s paired with a t1000 when its time for a release on that. ARP main studs. Can I reuse my fresh ARP head studs when resealing the block? Ive been looking at the international rebuild kits, pistons bearings gaskets and all the goods. I came across a kit with Mahle pistons for about the same price from northern auto parts. I want to have the pistons coated and relief cuts made. I just want to avoid any kind of piston failure. a SMALL Nitrous set up is an option in the future in situations like a dyno or track when I cant clean up the smoke and to make a power goal.

I just wanted to get all your opinions on a build like this.:thumbup::fordoval:

Last edited:

04stroker

Reaction score
I've got a full ford rebuild kit that's just missing some injector and turbo o rings that'd I'd sale cheap standard size bore. Let me know if you'd be interested I'll give you a detailed list.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I've got a full ford rebuild kit that's just missing some injector and turbo o rings that'd I'd sale cheap standard size bore. Let me know if you'd be interested I'll give you a detailed list.

Hit me with a pm

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

bad12jr

Reaction score
Billet rods. As many many forged rods that let go lately. If they let go you'll spend more to rebuild another motor then the initial cost of the rods.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Alright so the search goes on for more parts. Will these blocks typically hold 600 not being filled? This is a Dailey and I'm planning on doing this engine deal in one week. I don't race the truck, it's only seen a couple passes at the track. Was hoping to have the power goal with twins to make it a fun Dailey driver. Is the idea outlandish?

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Alright so the search goes on for more parts. Will these blocks typically hold 600 not being filled? This is a Dailey and I'm planning on doing this engine deal in one week. I don't race the truck, it's only seen a couple passes at the track. Was hoping to have the power goal with twins to make it a fun Dailey driver. Is the idea outlandish?

Pm charles

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.