regulated fuel system useing airdog 2 ?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
well, being the pump itself is regulated, you can then delete the stock pump and fuel bowl. Run the airdog 2 to one feed line to a y block, and run 2 lines off the y block directly to the heads and there you go regulated return.... but its regulated BEFORE the heads not after like most regulated returns do. Im not a fan of this way but it does work just fine and theres nothing wrong with doing it that way, plenty of people do it, especially vegistroke guys

in this situation i'd run a fuel sump instead of pulling fuel from the stock pickup to put less strain on the airdog.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
This route puts the fuel pressure regulator too far before all of the pressure drop and demand to accurately manage pressure. Pressure at the rails will be less than at the pump, and the pressure regulator will not be as responsive being located before the rails, particularly that far before the rails.

java

Reaction score
I think you would turn up the Airdog all the way and then set the regulator after the heads at whatever psi you want.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
its simple, dont get an airdog! use a fuelab or aeromotive pump and use their pre and post pump filters and a prepump water separator, now you can regulate off the back of head without two regulators.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I would stick with a proven setup, such as our Regulated Return kit or the Strictly diesel kit. A bunch of people are running Both and have been for a while with no issues. Our stage 1 RR which has held psi during nitrous passes with 225 150 injectors runs 399.99 to your door for the month of march. Our Race stage 3 system with Hardline stainless feeds, returns and fuel bowl delete runs 599.99 to your door.
Keep in mind that a RR will only be beneficial until you simply need a higher volume pump. We have been more than satisfied with the aeromotive a1000 setup.

Last edited:

MorganY

Reaction score
If you crank the AD pump up all the way, it does not filter the fuel as well as it would if you left it a 55psi. Ask me how I know

mine is set at 58psi and the RR at 55psi that way the air dog is not playing catch up with the RR, but not making the pump run at its full capacity all the time.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I couldnt be happier with my a1000 pump and fuel lab regulator

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I would stick with a proven setup, such as our Regulated Return kit or the Strictly diesel kit. A bunch of people are running Both and have been for a while with no issues. Our stage 1 RR which has held psi during nitrous passes with 225 150 injectors runs 399.99 to your door for the month of march. Our Race stage 3 system with Hardline stainless feeds, returns and fuel bowl delete runs 599.99 to your door.
Keep in mind that a RR will only be beneficial until you simply need a higher volume pump. We have been more than satisfied with the aeromotive a1000 setup.
Ours is proven on a couple trucks now. Just hav't got around to putting it up yet. We have it available three ways so you can pick your setup. Pm for details.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I can sell you a Fuelab regulator if that's all you want. If you're looking for a system, we've been building them since about 2004, I've lost count of how many we've got out there.

Don't jump all over a pump upgrade unless you know you need one. I talk people out of them all the time, big aftermarket pumps are not for everyone!

Reaction score
ya strictly i got 190 75% on the way so im gunna need some more fuel and i picked up an ad2 from a buddy thats a dealer for them so really all im looking for is a regulator and what fittings and sizes of lines to use i will need to get to make the lines up i got a dual alt set up on my truck so its a little tight

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.