Remanufactured 6.0

jblac15

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just got what I hope is a great deal on a truck I have wanted since I was 15 (26 now). I bought a 2005 F250 with the 6.0. The truck itself just hit 103k miles, but it had a remanufactured engine put in at a local dealership at 67,000 miles. Second grade math tells me that the engine only has 36,000 on it.

My question is this: since it has a remanufactured engine from Ford that was installed in 2012, what are the odds that some updates that came about in 2007 were included in this build? For example, did it possibly come with the updated STC fitting, dummy plugs and stand pipe? Also, since it was a reman I shouldn't have to worry about any casting sand left in the block right??

The part number is: 5c3z-6007-darm if that helps any.

Thanks,

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea don't expect more than 100k out of it. Lol. I've had more rods through blocks on Ford remans than any other.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
****ty work. i would guess they dont spec things out properly when rebuilding... but seriously, they dont last.

Any suggestions on who to use?
I just picked up an 05 and it's so much quieter and has every option that ford offered so we are selling the 99. The 05 has 289k miles but runs great but I'm considering reman options as I have no idea how long the life is on the 6.0.

ghohouston

Reaction score
yeah, find a good compression original motor from a wreck. or rebuild the damn thing yourself, so you know exactly whats done to it. ive got an 03 6.0 on my crew at work, has over 300k on the original motor, and as far as i know, its only ever had 1 injector, and an egr cooler... runs like a top too! it all depends

ghohouston

Reaction score
and btw, you're going to regret selling that 7.3! i daily drive a 6.0 for work now, and i dont like it. I will just never, ever be sold on owning one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.