Remote start

C2tuck

Reaction score
Ford dealer near me wants $500 to put remote start on my ‘15...that’s with 2 new keys. That a good price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Hogwash. Kit is 200 and 15 bucks for module that will work with forscan. Plus you can read and change much more with forscan. However i would see how much sunrise ford can get it for you I was just sending you this for reference and part numbers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161223017995

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
yes, but they make a better remote start than the keys. I am upgrading my remote start for better range.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1416164-just-installed-factory-vss-and-auto-start.html

look at post number 7, you can just get the remote if you don't want the cell phone start. I got the long range two remote in the mail. when I get it all done I will add the phone access, but my main focus involves the crappy range of the key remote start. The two way remote listed in that chart has a 1 mile range so I can actually start truck and know it is running with out having to get a up from a table or walking outside when there is no cell service to verify truck actually started

I can not tell you how many times truck should have been started and thought it was but infact did not. That long range remote is more crap hanging on keys I don't like but if I can start while in the woods or somewhere with no cell coverage then I will deal with it.

Last edited:

C2tuck

Reaction score
They have one that s strictly your cell phone that does it? I can’t remember the last time I took my keys out of the ignition ...

RyanD

Reaction score
Hogwash. Kit is 200 and 15 bucks for module that will work with forscan. Plus you can read and change much more with forscan. However i would see how much sunrise ford can get it for you I was just sending you this for reference and part numbers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161223017995

Where is the guide on using ForScan to program a key? I have remote start, they gave me a single key that was programmed, and my spare (remote start fob) is not. The key that is programmed has a stuck button, so I swapped over to the non-programmed key. I'd like to use remote start, but a little hesitant to try it with Forscan.

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Where is the guide on using ForScan to program a key? I have remote start, they gave me a single key that was programmed, and my spare (remote start fob) is not. The key that is programmed has a stuck button, so I swapped over to the non-programmed key. I'd like to use remote start, but a little hesitant to try it with Forscan.
It has been alittle while since I have used it. There is a good write up on the f150forum that I followed. It was just about identical for our trucks. Let me see what I can find again.

RyanD

Reaction score
Nevermind - the key they gave me (4 years ago) has a open trunk icon, not a 2x icon. No matter what I do it will never work. Off to ebay to find a blank :)

sootie

Reaction score
Ford dealer near me wants $500 to put remote start on my ‘15...that’s with 2 new keys. That a good price?

order the remote start kit that comes with two keys. In the kit, there is an antenna that plugs in above the glove box. That is the only piece of the kit you will use. Program the keys with FORScan and throw the rest of the kit out.

Reason i say to do this, is because buying just the antenna and the two keys actually cost more individually.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I’ve been looking at aftermarket alarms/remote start that have the cell phone app option. The more I thought about it, I seriously never take my keys out of the ignition.

08Monster

Reaction score
yes, but they make a better remote start than the keys. I am upgrading my remote start for better range.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1416164-just-installed-factory-vss-and-auto-start.html

look at post number 7, you can just get the remote if you don't want the cell phone start. I got the long range two remote in the mail. when I get it all done I will add the phone access, but my main focus involves the crappy range of the key remote start. The two way remote listed in that chart has a 1 mile range so I can actually start truck and know it is running with out having to get a up from a table or walking outside when there is no cell service to verify truck actually started

I can not tell you how many times truck should have been started and thought it was but infact did not. That long range remote is more crap hanging on keys I don't like but if I can start while in the woods or somewhere with no cell coverage then I will deal with it.
You are saying that I can upgrade my factory remote start to a 2 way, even cell phone control? Sign me up, what part numbers so I need.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Just go to accessories.ford.com and put your make model in and go to electronics. Everything is listed right there.

08Monster

Reaction score
It appears the smartphone control is only available for the trucks with Sync 3. Damn. Is that only the 17s?

NY_Mott

Reaction score
My dealer told me the superduty does no have the ability to start with your phone even with sync 3.. said they may come out with an update, but also said that it may be lacking the ability computer wise..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
My dealer told me the superduty does no have the ability to start with your phone even with sync 3.. said they may come out with an update, but also said that it may be lacking the ability computer wise..

That's not what it's saying on their accessories website. Says anything with Sync 3

NY_Mott

Reaction score
That's not what it's saying on their accessories website. Says anything with Sync 3

I really hope your correct and I am wrong, I want it like no other. Haha

Just what my dealer said...

PDT1081

Reaction score

You speaking 08? I have (added) Remote Access on my 13.

C2tuck

Reaction score
I’m talking about aftermarket alarm installed instead of factory remote start. Viper and Clifford both have smartstart apps that will start/lock/unlock your truck via your phone from anywhere.

I was asking if anyone has had any experience with these types?

Latest posts

Members online