replacing injectors.

Slow

Reaction score
Injector recommendations? 2000 7.3 203k. Current injectors are original and I figure it's about time to replace them considering they've never been rebuilt or replaced. Nothing too fancy, only mods are a TS 6 position with normal tunes, 4" Diamond Eye turbo back, and S&B Stage 2 CAI.

PSDEng

Reaction score
If you're not looking to upgrade, I'd just send them out to a reputable vendor and have them rebuilt. If you want a little more power maybe go with a 160cc injector with a stock nozzle.

golfer

Reaction score

mandkole

Reaction score
Agree on Stage 1s-- they will put a smile on your face.

To the OP, if you know the service/oil change/fuel filter service history of your truck and its been well cared for, I'd much consider taking the extra downtime and having your injectors directly used for the new build. (If you dont specify and they are real nice inside, they will be snatched up for another build.) Chances are, if the re-used internal components are in very good condition they will best support an update.

Steve's red stroker

Reaction score
I don't think I'd ever put stock injectors back in if your taking them out for replacement/upgrade, you'll be more than happy with some custom tunes and stage 1's over stock injectors and canned tunes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

fastersteve

Reaction score
Would stage 1's be okay on a basically stock PMR motor?

Mine has 4" exhaust, AIS, SRP 1.1, and a DP F5.

I've replaced 2 injectors already, and have at least another one going bad. I'm intrigued with the idea of singles.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Injector recommendations? 2000 7.3 203k. Current injectors are original and I figure it's about time to replace them considering they've never been rebuilt or replaced. Nothing too fancy, only mods are a TS 6 position with normal tunes, 4" Diamond Eye turbo back, and S&B Stage 2 CAI.

You are the perfect candidate for our 160/30's. Less demanding of HPO and slightly more fuel output with also a slightly larger nozzle.

And since you have a chip the tuning is free.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Would stage 1's be okay on a basically stock PMR motor?

Mine has 4" exhaust, AIS, SRP 1.1, and a DP F5.

I've replaced 2 injectors already, and have at least another one going bad. I'm intrigued with the idea of singles.

The 160/30's or even the 175/80's would be a good choice for you. The 175's because you already have a hpop upgrade. The only thing I would add is a turbo upgrade at some point to take advantage of the added fuel.

And again ask about the free tuning with purchase.

fastersteve

Reaction score
So talk to me about free tuning then. I know Jody will email files, but not for free if I make changes.

Will it smoke until I get a bigger turbo?

Will it be PMR safe with a bigger turbo?

Southmike

Reaction score
swamps are a solid injector company with a good warranty on the injectors.
which is why they cost a bit more then budget builders . the tunes are good as well
they are in with the top ten tuners I would say.

pis uses nltd or vice versa ...solid injectors awesome tunning.

can't go wrong with either.... no idea on the pis warranty.

SeeYa

Reaction score
So talk to me about free tuning then. I know Jody will email files, but not for free if I make changes.

Will it smoke until I get a bigger turbo?

Will it be PMR safe with a bigger turbo?

We have been doing free tuning updates for our current customers when you buy the injectors from us since 2008.

We just recently added P.I.S. injectors to our list of injector options so tuning updates are at no charge when you buy direct from us.

~Diane

SeeYa

Reaction score
which is why they cost a bit more then budget builders . the tunes are good as well

12 months.

thuglike

Reaction score

Yes!!

Latest posts

Members online