Reputable Shops doing work on 6.7's

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
No one around my area is pushing the limits on the 6.7 so I know I'm gonna have to look else where. Does anybody have suggestions for reputable shops currently pushing said limits? I know how to turn a wrench but lack the time and or skill to do an engine build.

I know Confederate Diesel had released a turbo but from what I've read around here they are not thought of two highly.

And I've been told SPE has been doing a few engine builds but saw a guy trying to sell his newly built engine, so curious if anybody has any other experiences with them?

Industrial Injection has compounds? Anybody using those? Reviews? Thoughts?

Any other shops that I'm missing? Is Elite doing anything?

01PSD

Reaction score
There are a few guys with projects underway. SPE has said on here that they will not let customers be the testers of their products. I know they have plenty of stuff in the works, but how much of that is available I'm not sure. Fully built engine is available.. but compounds and other stuff are still being tested. If I'm not mistaken II's compounds utilize the stock turbo, which has proven to be a no-no because it goes BOOM LOL

SPE

Reaction score
There are a few guys with projects underway. SPE has said on here that they will not let customers be the testers of their products. I know they have plenty of stuff in the works, but how much of that is available I'm not sure. Fully built engine is available.. but compounds and other stuff are still being tested. If I'm not mistaken II's compounds utilize the stock turbo, which has proven to be a no-no because it goes BOOM LOL

This is true & the owner of said motor knows this & we had a long convo about this after seeing this friends post on here. Said owner stated he understood & we told him if he wants to do it so badly, he can send it here for a month & we will build it & make sure it's up to our standards before sending it out. We do have 2 6.7 builds scheduled that will be getting a similar setup to the DPC truck belonging to Matt.

The single kit has an ETA of 3-4 weeks & will be offering a pre-order soon (keep an eye out for a video upload soon).

And yes, big boom.

01PSD

Reaction score
This is true & the owner of said motor knows this & we had a long convo about this after seeing this friends post on here. Said owner stated he understood & we told him if he wants to do it so badly, he can send it here for a month & we will build it & make sure it's up to our standards before sending it out. We do have 2 6.7 builds scheduled that will be getting a similar setup to the DPC truck belonging to Matt.

The single kit has an ETA of 3-4 weeks & will be offering a pre-order soon (keep an eye out for a video upload soon).

And yes, big boom.

Sweet guys. I'm stoked to see some big power 6.7s.

crazyradjohnny

Reaction score
Thanks for the response SPE and 01PSD. I'm still at least a 6 months out until I was ready to invest and just looking to see what was out there.

01PSD

Reaction score
I'm sure in 6 months more great options will be available to you..
Plus by then we'll know the results of at least 2 of these high HP 6.7 builds.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you are upgrading the first step is deleting the stock turbo. You can get allot more life out of the bottom with a fixed geometry.
Plus the 6.7 has awesome flowing heads and intake, and they are 6 bolt, so custom heads is a waste imho.
The injectors can deliver allot of fuel.
So a single turbo and dual pumps and you have a nice ride.

Built 6.7

Reaction score
i would say ship it to spe and let them build it when your ready, shipping prices aren't that bad. Had it shipped from missouri to their shop for like $800 around $1 mile

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
I'm very interested in the single turbo kit, hearing the stories about stock turbos going boom has me scared to put the go go pedal to the floor. Do y'all have any idea how much the single turbo kits are going to run?

Latest posts

Members online