• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

Retro HID kit

JMart

Reaction score
Im selling my used Retro kit. Its stuck on hi beams and retro is telling me its caused by water in the connections. It hasn't rained here in months and I cant remember the last time I washed the truck, so I don't even know how that is possible. All the connections are good and clean and this kit was professionally installed not by me. I never got the fancy metal box they come in so that is not included in the sell.

Make me an offer. I have to work tonight so I will be driving my F150 to work and then pulling these out tomorrow so I can drive my truck at night again.

I'm thinking this is basically a parts kit, everything is there I just don't know what is the problem.

Make me an offer or I will just throw it all away if it sits more than a couple of weeks.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well...

There broke...

And I dont put much faith in anything retro at this point...

LOL

and $25 bucks seems to be working for me as of late.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I took mine out and threw them away a long time ago. Worst 160 bucks I've spent on the truck. Couldn't be happier with silverstars haha.

JMart

Reaction score
If I remember correctly there were 35 watts 5500k.

I have silver stars waiting to go in. Just waiting till it cools off tonight to swap everything back.

Joe is the highest bidder so far. I should be able to ship them out tomorrow.

JMart

Reaction score
Here is what Retro thinks the problem is

Truth be told based on the symptoms its not likely an issue with the components and we'd suggest going to complete performance to have them check things out for you there.

Im supposed to drive 5 hours to a shop to have them check it out since they installed it. Even though I have unplugged the retro unit and plugged in a silver star bulb and it works fine. My hi beam light goes out on the dash and I can switch back and forth.

Their customer service is as crappy as their product.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score

Im supposed to drive 5 hours to a shop to have them check it out since they installed it. Even though I have unplugged the retro unit and plugged in a silver star bulb and it works fine. My hi beam light goes out on the dash and I can switch back and forth.

I would suggest getting a.multimeter and start checking your connections.. you will pinpoint the.problem. I had an.issue with mine, found out that my relay was bad. Retro.is only making sure you know exactly what was wrong. I knew what was wrong but had to confirm.it with a multimeter. Once I dis, they sent me the part. They don't want to send out random parts "hoping" it fixes the problem. Did I get irritated with them, sure, but when.I.confirmed the faulty part, their customer service was top notch

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

RedSmokey

Reaction score
He confirmed its not his truck as he said the hi/low beams work properly without the HID kit installed... He shouldnt have to do anymore than that IMO

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score

I agree. I went through a issue with mine having one dim. After replacing parts and them having me pay for them until I send them back with that stupid form to fill out I said to hell with them. I replaced every part in the kit and nothing fixed it. My truck was blamed but the same kit did the same on 3 trucks. My regular bulbs work great and ill never deal with a set of hids again.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

This is what I am experiencing with my reverse light issue. Three sets now but its my fault. I have to test the connections on a connection that had the factory bulb in it for 200k...

Now I am in the area where I have to wait until I have time to test a product that should work the first time. Then fill out the return form, sent it in...

Then wait two weeks until I email them to see what the hell is going on... Then I think, dont know, that they sent me a repaired one as I can see a huge solder blob inside one.

I would suggest getting a.multimeter and start checking your connections.. you will pinpoint the.problem. I had an.issue with mine, found out that my relay was bad. Retro.is only making sure you know exactly what was wrong. I knew what was wrong but had to confirm.it with a multimeter. Once I dis, they sent me the part. They don't want to send out random parts "hoping" it fixes the problem. Did I get irritated with them, sure, but when.I.confirmed the faulty part, their customer service was top notch

Thats great, however not everyone has the time to drop everything and bust out there tools to go testing.

I agree. I went through a issue with mine having one dim. After replacing parts and them having me pay for them until I send them back with that stupid form to fill out I said to hell with them. I replaced every part in the kit and nothing fixed it. My truck was blamed but the same kit did the same on 3 trucks. My regular bulbs work great and ill never deal with a set of hids again.

Thats kind of what I got too... "If you want us to send you a replacement you have to pay first, then we will send it. Once we have yours we will refund you."

Irritating to say the least.

JMart

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of time to go searching through each piece of their equipment with a multimeter. I just want something that works. I already bought the silver stars just waiting for the sun to go down a little before I get started.

First the told me it was a connection issue so I checked that. All connections are good, clean and tight. So then they blamed the issue on the truck which works fine without the kit and now they tell me to take it to Complete Performance and are blaming their install.

I am so irritated with Retro right now I will be lucky if I don't just rip everything out.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Thats great, however not everyone has the time to drop everything and bust out there tools to go testing.

Thats kind of what I got too... "If you want us to send you a replacement you have to pay first, then we will send it. Once we have yours we will refund you."

Irritating to say the least.

Never said u had to drop everything. I never.dropped everything.just to test.it out. I made time and i dealt with my issues for quite some time. That sux they are "making" you pay for the replacement, maybe they know your rep for vendor bashing LOL

Snake

Reaction score
If he wants / needs to drive his truck at night, then I get the feeling his perspective is that he needs to drop everything. Not trying to flame you...

Dslfumes

Reaction score
I was almost convinced in another thread to go with HiD's, now I'm leaning back the other way towards regular old' H13 bulbs. Dammit!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Never said u had to drop everything. I never.dropped everything.just to test.it out. I made time and i dealt with my issues for quite some time. That sux they are "making" you pay for the replacement, maybe they know your rep for vendor bashing LOL

Vendor bashing?

Crap man... I didnt know facts were bashing.

Fact...

My third set of Retro reverse lights are now not working properly.

End fact...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.