Rhino Build!

907DAVE

Reaction score
This has been an ongoing project for about a year now. In classic 907DAVE fashion the motor came out a few weeks after I brought it home to receive some goodies...

Photo0371.jpg

Billet rod..

Photo0392.jpg

Lil' port and polish on the head...

Photo0375.jpg

Photo0374.jpg

Assembly...

Photo0394.jpg

Photo0373.jpg

EPI clutch kit and machined sheave installed, ready to drop in...

Photo0395.jpg

And this how it looked last year...

Photo0397.jpg

907DAVE

Reaction score
This summer I am starting off with some new paint....

IMAG_0118.jpg

IMAG_0119.jpg

IMAG_0120.jpg

IMAG_0122.jpg

IMAG_0130.jpg

IMAG_0128.jpg

It also received a RydeOn dust guard, and still waiting on the fender flares and bed rails.

IMAG_0129.jpg

Next thing planned is a 3" Catvos lift and a chopped cage!

Last edited:

907DAVE

Reaction score
They are a good crossover type tire, not an all out mud tire or trail only, but work well for where most our riding is done. However, they dont ride nearly as smooth as the stockers.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Could you tell a difference? Is all you did was porting and a billet rod or did you tune and change injector?

I only rode it a few times in the snow before the motor came out, so I could not tell you if it made a big difference. Still running stock tune, but have plans to change it up when the suspension stuff is finished up.

Sweet! The paint looks real good! Are seats on the list?

Thanks! Both of those greys have a bit of pearl in them....you should see it in the sun!! Have not really looked into seat much, I can tell you what I found was expensive!!

907DAVE

Reaction score
Runs pretty good. It could use a bit more power for the mud, but I have a few things in mind to take care of that.:)

907DAVE

Reaction score
Naa... I know it will never be able to compete with some of the other brands in all out horsepower, but I'm okay with that. I chose this over the other brands for a couple of reasons, no other combine sport and utility like the Rhino. Also, I know I can do minor repairs on the trail (like swap a belt) without a complete disassembly. I like its simplicity, nothing matters more when your riding hundreds of miles away from civilization.

I think of it like a 7.3 in the UTV world.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Naa... I know it will never be able to compete with some of the other brands in all out horsepower, but I'm okay with that. I chose this over the other brands for a couple of reasons, no other combine sport and utility like the Rhino. Also, I know I can do minor repairs on the trail (like swap a belt) without a complete disassembly. I like its simplicity, nothing matters more when your riding hundreds of miles away from civilization.

I think of it like a 7.3 in the UTV world.

:whs: This is exactly why I chose a Rhino, it does the best of both worlds very well!

Latest posts

Members online