Rocker arm install

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back, can anyone help clear up step 9? Are special tools required? Thanks again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
They can be a pita. I just used a flat head screw driver to get the seal free from the valve cover. It can be a biotch to put back in. It felt like I was about to break my thumbs from pushing so hard to pop it back in. But if you do it just right it will pop back in. The special tool I used was my fingers and I only damaged my pass side gp harness a little bit on cylinder 5

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
thanks man, I stopped by a shop & was trying to talk w/mechanic about the tick sound & all he did was pop my ccv cap & said blowby is too much & get rid of it...

Stroked777

Reaction score
thanks man, I stopped by a shop & was trying to talk w/mechanic about the tick sound & all he did was pop my ccv cap & said blowby is too much & get rid of it...

he told you to get rid of your truck? to test if you have to much blow by just unscrew the cap and place it in the hole, if it doesnt blow out your good, 6.4s are known for having more than normal blow by, even new off the line they had a scary amount of it

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I've tried that test & it actually stays but I do have an aftermarket MPD CCV cap that's heavier than the stock cap & it does stay put.. I will try the factory cap & see if that blows off. Truck runs strong, blowby doesn't puff to me. also blackstone reports seem good & im currently waiting on a report too.

It all started w/the tick I've been hearing, now popping around intake area, then while on a highway run ( boosted 40+psi ) & puked but only on highway runs. The mechanic did a fan clutch for me last yr so that's why I went to talk w/him about current issues but seems like the guy doesn't want to work on 6.4's anymore. IDK, I got a shop manual so looks like I'll be going deeper myself. Thanks again, sorry for the derail here. Jayson

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
i think its time for that stud job my friend

I'm thinking your right! so I'll prob order the gasket kit, rockers & go from there. I'll look into a machine shop also to have heads looked over as well as a few other parts( spring, push rods, up pipes ) & go from there. Appreciate the feed back.

marcossalaz11

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the tappet out of it's seat cause the retainer broke, you can also see that it has a little nipple on the rounded part caused from the little oil galley to help lubricated it, which didn't do it's job and caused some bad wear. But when it had pressure held against it, that little nipple kept it from swiveling
Where can u find those ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.