Rocker arm install

Stroked777

Reaction score
I got it all done an hour or two ago. Engine idles more quietly, and now my cam is actually providing the right lift and my egts are down and I can hear the turbo spooling a little harder. Less haze on a take off as well. Everything went smooth until I realized I forgot to put the engine oil dipstick back in the right plcr after topping off the coolant and installing the degas bottle and battery. Noting a little bit of a bend couldn't fix lol. But it is running a lot better now, took it on a 30 mile drive to check for leaks and purge the air out of the fuel system and everything checked out good

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Great to hear! It seems like replacing the rockers has really become a requirement for a reliable truck. Not all of the trucks are going through them, but for the peace of mind and the cost of them its almost a no brainer. Unless if you have a truck that was deleted from the get go, they seem to hold up better.

Stroked777

Reaction score
It wasn't bad to do at all, pass side was just remove the intake, gp module, and some wiring and to be careful of that coolant line. Driver side was remove the degas bottle, turbo cross over along with fuel cooler. All in all it took about 4.5 hours. To make things easier, when I finished the pass side I got the truck running for a little to fill the rails and purg air. Figured it be easier on the starter if it needed to fill one rail at a time instead of both

Stroked777

Reaction score
You can start to hear a tick if you have the ear for it and plus I had studs done 30k ago and I should have replaced them then, but didn't have the funds. I figure they wouldn't wear as fast seeing the truck was deleted at that point

me2

Reaction score
I have 160K on my truck, mostly babied highway miles, except 1,000 miles a year pulling a 13K 5er. Totally stock. I had to replace the DPF because it plugged.

Do I need to pull my valve covers and check the rocker arms ?

Stroked777

Reaction score
I have 160K on my truck, mostly babied highway miles, except 1,000 miles a year pulling a 13K 5er. Totally stock. I had to replace the DPF because it plugged.

Do I need to pull my valve covers and check the rocker arms ?

Honestly the passenger side valve cover isn't all to bad to pull it wouldn't hurt to check

Stroked777

Reaction score
The reason it wants you to drain the coolant is there is a very delicate/ not so strong plastic hose that proves coolant tothe heater core. It does make it easier to get the valve cover out of you remove the rubber line from the plastic line but I was able to get the cover in and out without removing the hose

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.