Rod bearings??

97-stroker

Reaction score
For all you guys that have torn down and replaced stuff what kind of rod bearings are recommended. The trucks going to have 250/200s and a S471 turbo. I would like to replace the rings and rod bearings while i have it apart. Im trying to stay on a stock bottom end as much as possible.

I noticed hypermax made them. Are they any good?

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Clevite here too. You will need to find out what size you need before you get them. Mahle also sells bearings too.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Always have ran clevite on everything never had a single issue. Rebuilt a 12 valve my buddy ran it 200k before the truck got totalled. Well we pulled the motor and the bearings looked brand new.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the main bearings out of that motor. 196,xxx miles to be exact

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316573421999.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316573421999.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 66

97-stroker

Reaction score
I'm running stock everything bottom end besides the bearings as I feel I should upgrade to be safe. Does anyone know a good site to get them from with a good price.

Thanks for all the help.

97-stroker

Reaction score
Dieselboy you have almost the same setup im building minus the .20 over. Im really wanting to see how far i can push the stock bottom end. Being a 96 there forged so i hope i can run the 250/200s with a s471sx and have no problems. Is there anything you would recommend me do to play it safe? How well does it run?

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions for me to do while this motor is apart please chim in. Im really trying to do this right the first time lol

Thanks again guys

JDub

Reaction score
We have a complete 7.3L bearing kit if you're still in need. Includes mains, rods, and cam bearings. Same bearings we use in all of our performance motor builds, including the Lightning race truck.

Let us know if we can help...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Dieselboy you have almost the same setup im building minus the .20 over. Im really wanting to see how far i can push the stock bottom end. Being a 96 there forged so i hope i can run the 250/200s with a s471sx and have no problems. Is there anything you would recommend me do to play it safe? How well does it run?

If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions for me to do while this motor is apart please chim in. Im really trying to do this right the first time lol

Thanks again guys

Your bottom end should be fine. I threw a set of ARP main studs in the bottom end, and had the rods magnafluxed for cracks. As well as the standard stuff with a rebuild.

It runs like a bat out of hell. Never been in such a fun vehicle, that's comparing to a few ford trucks. Mustangs and even SRT10 viper trucks.

Pretty sure clevite comes in the factory rebuild kit.

I'm pretty sure your are correct

97-stroker

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited. Won't have it done until next year. Where can I find the mahle pistons? I cant seem to find them anywhere.

Reaction score
Many of our site sponsors can get you pistons. I would call the ones that build engines if custom machining is being done(bowl work, valve reliefs, etc). WOP, DI, etc.

97-stroker

Reaction score
As of right now wanting to stay stock bottom end but if the price is right i may go .20 or .30 over on it depending on the piston price. Nothing major with machining.

So far i have:
Comp 910 springs
ARP Headstuds
Clevite Rod bearings
250/200 injectors

Still havnt decided on the fuel system or HPOP deal.

Latest posts

Members online