Rolling Gray???

jpfanner

Reaction score
I just recently had a remanned short block installed after a failed FRP sensor filled the crankcase with fuel, caused a runaway, and ruined my 6.4. Once it was tore down they found some failing injectors and some pistons that were starting to show some extreme heat conditions so we replaced injectors too. My question is last night I was out driving around and two things: It rolls a little black smoke at a normal, easy acceleration from a start..?? Then later on a got on it from about 10mph to 80mph at WOT and instead of being a dark black smoke it rolled kind of a hazy gray smoke?? Any thoughts? It's got about 500miles on the new motor...

2008 6.4, 5R110, Spartan Tuned (running 300hp EL tune) RCD EGR delete, DPF delete, 4in DP, 5in DP back, Elite up-pipes, 6.0 manifolds, ARP head studs, PMF traction bars.

thanks

Stroked777

Reaction score
My truck always had a kinda gray haze at WOT, so I kinda see that at normal in my opinion and mine also smokes from acceleration no matter the speed or load, and mines original block with 88k on it

jpfanner

Reaction score
My truck always had a kinda gray haze at WOT, so I kinda see that at normal in my opinion and mine also smokes from acceleration no matter the speed or load, and mines original block with 88k on it

My truck is a 6.0 and rolls gray ever since I freed up my air flow

OK, I didn't notice it smoke at all before the engine rebuild but like I said it now has 8 new injectors, and a FASS 95GPH system on it so maybe it's just now getting a proper charge of fuel. Anyway, after a runaway AS YOU ARE DRIVING DOWN A COUNTY ROAD, you watch everything with your A$$ puckered.

thanks folks

Stroked777

Reaction score
OK, I didn't notice it smoke at all before the engine rebuild but like I said it now has 8 new injectors, and a FASS 95GPH system on it so maybe it's just now getting a proper charge of fuel. Anyway, after a runaway AS YOU ARE DRIVING DOWN A COUNTY ROAD, you watch everything with your A$$ puckered.

thanks folks

yeah thats understandable i noticed mine smoking more when i gto more work done, idk if its because the cam messing with it for because i just started payign attention more, but i just see it as normal now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.