Rough Start After Injector Install

Juvenile9

Reaction score
I pulled an injector to have one flow tested to see what size they were. Buttoned the truck back up last night and got it started. I sucked the oil out of the cylinder installed injector pulled glow plug turned motor over to push rest of oil out. Truck fired on the 3rd try idled great. White smoke at first and cleared up nice, no smoke at all now. Truck idled great, while I was listening to the truck run I noticed oil leaking out where the up pipe bolts to the collector. Anybody ever seen this before? I shut the truck off because it scared me. Went to start the truck and it turned over for awhile before it started. The oil stopped leaking out. I know I need up pipes, was this just oil left in the cylinder? I took the truck for a 20 minute drive and now it still is starting hard. Still air in the system?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That would be oil that was still in the cylinders.

They will start harder for a little bit intill the air bleeds out of the system.. If you had a HPOP gauge you could see it. The oil pressure does not come up right away so it does not start. But ounce the oil pressure jumps to where it should be they fire up right away. The best thing to do is just take it out and drive it.. Do some wide open runs to clear the air faster. But it will clear out with normal driving. and even with just shutting the engine off and starting it back up..

So what you see is normal!! Go drive it and have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.