RR DIY or premade kit?

smokedout250

Reaction score
I'm looking at RR's. my first question is, how hard would it be to build my own? I'm limited on time to build..... My next question is what parts would it consist of?.... I'm looking at possibly buying a whole pre made kit from either strictly diesel or from alligator performance. I have built my own filter setup and will be using either a-1000 or fuel lab pump.. I have seen both premade kits up close and both are awesome kits... I'm just wondering if the cost difference makes building a kit worth the added time or if the premade kits are worth the extra money??? Do I need a fuel system prolly not, but it's good insurance on my injectors!
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm looking at RR's. my first question is, how hard would it be to build my own? I'm limited on time to build..... My next question is what parts would it consist of?.... I'm looking at possibly buying a whole pre made kit from either strictly diesel or from alligator performance. I have built my own filter setup and will be using either a-1000 or fuel lab pump.. I have seen both premade kits up close and both are awesome kits... I'm just wondering if the cost difference makes building a kit worth the added time or if the premade kits are worth the extra money??? Do I need a fuel system prolly not, but it's good insurance on my injectors!
Thanks

Skip Alligator, buy from Strictly. Always go with the quality original, not the cheap knock-off

smokedout250

Reaction score
Skip Alligator, buy from Strictly. Always go with the quality original, not the cheap knock-off

I've seen both kits in person. Both kits are quality pieces. I like both company's prices are the same. Alligator is a great company and I have boughten a lot of parts thru them. The reason I consider strictly is because they are know for there RR. There's a thousand company out there you can say are knock offs. Any one can have a product Similar to another company's. doesn't matter weather it's a fuel system or an air intake. If you can please explain to me why strictlys is so much better I'm glad to here but I don't want company bashing.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Between the 2 I'd say dennis' kit...only based on the fact I've seen it work and work well. Installed a few am so forth.

Never messed with ADP's kit...doesn't it use push loc?

oneton

Reaction score
easy decision.........strictly,they sponsor psa.dennis interacts with the forum,etc.

support the sponsors that support the forum.

Last edited:

smokedout250

Reaction score
Fixed it for you. We NEVER use the word "cheap" (or any variation of it) to describe our stuff! :D

So what are the difference on the kits? What makes your worth buying over another one? I'm just doing my research is all.

I do support our sponsors. But adp is also a sponsor on other forums I am apart of. I'm just trying to do the best for my truck. I'm trying to figure what sets the kits apart from each other

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Since I've never touched the other kit, I can't answer your question. I can tell you that I'm pretty sure that NO other shop has built as many PSD fuel system kits as we have, and that I'm getting pretty tired of getting phone calls from people that have purchased fuel system products from "so-called competitors" who can't support them. If you are going to purchase something like this, make sure that whoever you get it from or whoever makes it actually understands it and can tell you how to fix any problems you might run into because I'm about to the point of just telling people "you should have bought our product if you wanted our level of support". Sorry if that sounds rude, but you would not believe the calls I get...

smokedout250

Reaction score
Since I've never touched the other kit, I can't answer your question. I can tell you that I'm pretty sure that NO other shop has built as many PSD fuel system kits as we have, and that I'm getting pretty tired of getting phone calls from people that have purchased fuel system products from "so-called competitors" who can't support them. If you are going to purchase something like this, make sure that whoever you get it from or whoever makes it actually understands it and can tell you how to fix any problems you might run into because I'm about to the point of just telling people "you should have bought our product if you wanted our level of support". Sorry if that sounds rude, but you would not believe the calls I get...

I hear yours is the best all the time. I'm glad I have finally got a chance to talk to you as we'll.
Does your kit delete the fuel bowl completely? Also it uses a banjo bolt correct?

rascal

Reaction score
Another vote for Strictly Diesel. I have their Pre/post pump kits & RR.

Their product and support are second to none!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I hear yours is the best all the time. I'm glad I have finally got a chance to talk to you as we'll.
Does your kit delete the fuel bowl completely? Also it uses a banjo bolt correct?

No, we don't currently delete the secondary filter bowl. I have a kit that does that about 99% designed, just need to remake one of the S.S. lines because I wasn't happy with how the first one came out...then do some "in vehicle" fitment testing. Should be a pretty easy upgrade for existing customers...but it's probably a month out at this point.

Yes, my kit uses Banjos. I considered going to 90° fittings for the bowl delete version, but I just couldn't justify it. There was no good reason to change style and it would have driven the cost up for any existing customers wanting to upgrade.

smokedout250

Reaction score
No, we don't currently delete the secondary filter bowl. I have a kit that does that about 99% designed, just need to remake one of the S.S. lines because I wasn't happy with how the first one came out...then do some "in vehicle" fitment testing. Should be a pretty easy upgrade for existing customers...but it's probably a month out at this point.

Yes, my kit uses Banjos. I considered going to 90° fittings for the bowl delete version, but I just couldn't justify it. There was no good reason to change style and it would have driven the cost up for any existing customers wanting to upgrade.

Awesome thanks for the input!

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dennis would you be willing to sell just select pieces from your kit for my diy RR?

Latest posts

Members online