s465/73 250/100s info

Marty

Reaction score
s465/73 250/100s boost/drive

E99 irate t4 with 3" plenums
Swamps 250/100s and tuning
All supporting mods
S465 with 73mm exh wheel .9 exhaust housing

Boost measured at intake y, drive measured at end of ebps tube.

43psi, 58 psi drive, max egt 1650. Normally see less then 1600. That's wot, to 100 mph.

Even in highest tune truck is completely driveable, smoke free in lower tunes, very responsive at any rpm. Gets better fuel mileage then the truck did before going from stock with an edge to this setup.

IMAG1475.jpg

IMAG1420.jpg

Don't mind the fuel pressure regulator that's not mounted. That was finished after the engine came out for an oil pan leak.

Last edited:

01platinum

Reaction score
Looks good. What is a hp number you think. What mileage is it getting now compared to stock? I know not everyone is going to be the same just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Marty

Reaction score
Truck Idles a lot because of a hot restart issue that's arose but it is getting 14-15 mpg, no highway driving. Truck is on 35s with 4.10 gears and the speedo has been corrected.

Marty

Reaction score
Lag can in no way be used to describe this truck whatsoever.

E99, Auto, S645/73 .9 T4, Irate t4, My Aeromotive Fuel system, Swamps Gen3, Swamps Tuning, Swamps 250/100's, H11's, Smith Bros PR's, 910 valve springs. Think that about sums it up.

Marty

Reaction score
I've only driven in 3 trucks with modded h2e's of this size... The 66mm, but I have experienced both their "17mm" and "19mm" housings...

Difference negligable... price, t-4, rebuild ability, v-band compressor discharge, many turbine options makes it definitely a better option IMO.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I've only driven in 3 trucks with modded h2e's of this size... The 66mm, but I have experienced both their "17mm" and "19mm" housings...

Difference negligable... price, t-4, rebuild ability, v-band compressor discharge, many turbine options makes it definitely a better option IMO.

Reason I ask, is I picked up a used h2e a few months ago, still need a mount though. Now I'm wondering if I should sell it an get something like the s465, or keep an add another charger an bump my injectors up. I gotta imagine an h2e/gt-47 is pretty close to Charles' original set-up was only he had a 38r.

Marty

Reaction score
Just remember you have 2 exhaust housing options with the T4i and I don't know if anyone makes a wastegated T4i. If not then you will have to fabricate your own. And, IDK how much a modded h2e costs off the shelf.

PS drove this truck home tonight. Lag is non-existent. A total joy to drive at any rpm. Absolutely could not be happier with the driveability and neither can the customer. Plus I took a few finished pictures.
IMAG2514.jpg

IMAG2515.jpg

IMAG2516.jpg

Last edited:

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
PS drove this truck home tonight. Lag is non-existent. A total joy to drive at any rpm. Absolutely could not be happier with the driveability and neither can the customer. Plus I took a few finished pictures.

Do you feel that there could only be positive gains to be had with this setup if the injectors had 200% nozzles instead with proper tuning?

davey99ps

Reaction score
What kind of hp potential does this set-up have? I'm curious cuz other than the turbo, the only real difference in my set-up an this is 12cc's of fuel

Marty

Reaction score
Maybe. I think a faster injection event might lower egt but a bulk injection might add fuel to bring that back up. This truck is a daily driver and needs to be able to hook to 10k and roll. The 100%nozzle seemed to be "common" and I feel like over the shelf tuning works great with them. Couldn't gamble and have a smokey truck with this one.

I'm sure live tuned it would be nothing but positive. We decided to be conservative and it has turned out exactly the way he wanted.100% driveable, snappy and definitely feels like a 500 rwhp truck. Of course I have no dyno info but its my assumption.

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
This actually belongs here. This was a test to see if the 6637 was an adequate filter for this size charger.

S465 with 6637 filter.
43 psig boost
50 something backpressure. It was about the same as before.

I am at sea level.

attachment.php

View attachment 3198

14.58 - 14.13 = 0.45 psiA difference.

This was most I could "spike" it to come down. If you don't force a downshift and go through the gears like you would at the track or regular driving then you see less then a .2 psiA difference.

View attachment 3199

Measured using:

1/8" MNPT x 4 MJIC
4 FJIC x 90* PushLock Fitting
4 Pushlock sent over to the map sensor

This filter has less then 5k miles on it. I would conclude that this filter is more then adequate for this application when new.

I am tempted to put a 30k mile filter on here and run it just to see what the difference is. I might do that if the snow clears up.

Latest posts

Members online