s475 wont spool

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Went to the track tonight and kept smoking the lights and could get the turbo lit. Would back half the track hard but my best 60 was a 2.3. Any ideas? No boost or exhaust leaks, I didnt think a 475 would be to big for 300/200s to spool. Turbo is a 75/82/1.15.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What converter do you have (stall speed)?
Maybe you have too much fuel down low kinda flooding it out.

You could always go to a 1.0 or .9 housing.
Where did you get the 1.15 housing from, typically they are 1.10.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Its a swamps bfh that's why its 1.15, its t4i so 1.15 is the only option. I don't know stall on converter, it has a bts that I told brian to build for about 700hp. I asked my tuner and he said it seemed like a leak issue. I had to sit at the line for 20-25 seconds for it to even hit 5psi. Thinking about sending a spare chip to swamps since they are the most familiar with it.

JDub

Reaction score
What kind of rpm is the engine at when your brake standing? I bet you need a looser converter for that much of a single...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

PSDEng

Reaction score
Try talking with your tuner about injection timing delay. I was having problems with the exact same setup except for sled pulling, and my tuner adjusted the delay and it spooled awesome at the line after that.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What kind of rpm is the engine at when your brake standing? I bet you need a looser converter for that much of a single...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Try talking with your tuner about injection timing delay. I was having problems with the exact same setup except for sled pulling, and my tuner adjusted the delay and it spooled awesome at the line after that.

Both of these were exactly what I was getting at.
Late timing will spool the charger, as long as you aren't just dumping fuel.
And I am thinking you need a 2600 stall tc for that charger.

Petro

Reaction score
Running the same charger with the 1.10 housing and 275/200s and It seems to be lighting great. 50 psi of boost and it lights somewhere between 1900 and 2200 rpm. Good luck

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya something isn't right.

Maybe you have a broken sprag in the TC. I remember a member have that during live tuning and Cale pointed it out by saying the truck wont build boost by loading it up.

FWIW At 2400 RPM Im at 10-12#.

2700 rpm And Im around 25#ish. If you can spin that thing to 2700 at the line you don't need a looser converter.

Marty

Reaction score
Nitrous is not the answer here.

Do you have a wastegated uppipe setup?

Does the converter chirp?

You have my #, call me.

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Nitrous is not the answer here.

Do you have a wastegated uppipe setup?

Does the converter chirp?

You have my #, call me.

If the wastegates adjusted properly he shouldn't have a problem.

OP can you post the slip ?

Marty describe TC "chirp"

littleredstroker

Reaction score
How are u spoiling? My TN with 1.0 takes 15-20 seconds to if I put it to the floor, too much fuel " puts the fire out " .. I give about 1/2 throttle and slowly increase as boost increases, it spooled a lot quicker for me this way
sent while staring at a windowed block

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
How are u spoiling? My TN with 1.0 takes 15-20 seconds to if I put it to the floor, too much fuel " puts the fire out " .. I give about 1/2 throttle and slowly increase as boost increases, it spooled a lot quicker for me this way
sent while staring at a windowed block

I agree with this. If I load up at the line and try to rush it by flooring it. It hits 2100 and just will sit there smoking.
Roll into it nice and slow up to 2200rpm and then ramp in to 2500rpm and its good

Latest posts

Members online