School me on brakes, rotors, and calipers

Lang

Reaction score
Need new rotors and pads up front at least but would like to know more. Far as I read I should be looking at OEM, powerslot, or cyro powerslot rotors. Pads: hawks or EBC yellows up front green in back. What series? Or green 7000 series all around? And OEM calipers? This is my DD work truck, not racing or towing heavy currently.

under pressure

Reaction score
I did reybestos drilled/slotted rotors and pro ceramic pads.
Plain and simple. they stop, been on the truck for 5 yrs. First set of ceramics lasted 3 yrs. Pretty much no dust either. The parts listed above are great products as reported by most.
My rears are OEM that we had slotted at the shop to match.

bruce

Reaction score
I run art cyro rotors, performance plus pads, ss lines with ate super blue fluid. works pretty well. Check your slide pins and lube accordingly

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Subbed. Going to be doing the same thing shortly.

where do you guys buy your rotors/pads from (the slotted rotors and ceramic pads)?

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
r1 has a regular site too but its cheaper off ebay. summit has an ebay store too...
i have had them about a year on my tow rig and they've done great. def cant go wrong with cary though either.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^what did you do with your rear drums? Or nothing at all?

bruce

Reaction score
Ive had lots of problems with calipers. I used to only get them from the dealership but they only have a 1 year warranty so now i run advanced calipers with lifetime warranty.

pilot4life

Reaction score
I went with SSBC 8 piston calipers...made a huge difference in stopping power after I added the tries/wheels/bumpers/winch.

Southmike

Reaction score
I did powerslot rotors and hawk lts pads...
once they wore out i did orielly ceramics due to lack of funds, the hawks were slightly better.

Latest posts

Members online