Screens in back of head fittings?

MeTo

Reaction score
Do the fuel fittings on the back of each head have a screen in them? I was just reading a fuel thread which had a picture showing a before and after screen removal. It would be an un-needed restriction in my case. Truck in sig.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes they do, its actually a check valve. You can drill them out a bit bigger. I dont remember what exactly i used to do it with, but i think i used a dental pic to pull the snap ring out first.

MeTo

Reaction score
Hmm, would you know why Ford put check valves in the fittings? How difficult would it be to remove the fittings?

I'm shoring/tiding things up. I have efuel and a regulated return. How big of a job is it to remove the stock steel fuel lines on the engine? Could it be done by just removing the air conditioner compressor? Tanks, selector valve, frame rail fuel lines, fuel bowl, and mechanical pump are already removed.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Hmm, would you know why Ford put check valves in the fittings? How difficult would it be to remove the fittings?

I'm shoring/tiding things up. I have efuel and a regulated return. How big of a job is it to remove the stock steel fuel lines on the engine? Could it be done by just removing the air conditioner compressor? Tanks, selector valve, frame rail fuel lines, fuel bowl, and mechanical pump are already removed.

I imagine they were concerned with drainback issues. Which part of the steel lines are you talking about? There are several "sections" of them.

MeTo

Reaction score
Sounded like the stock 3/8 and 5/16 lines coming from the frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm talking about the pipes that are on the front corners of the engine. There are three, fuel bowl drain, fuel supply and fuel return.

79jasper

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you go about removing them.
I'm guessing you'll have to remove all the front accessories. But pull the whole brackets instead of one piece at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
I believe if you remove the drivers side accessory bracket, you can snake them out. They both have quick connects down near the oil cooler where they unhook from. When i went to e fuel, i used all super duty parts, and luckily, the super duty upper engine fuel lines went right in place of the obs. I didnt like the idea of splicing rubber lines onto metal.

psduser1

Reaction score
I believe if you remove the drivers side accessory bracket, you can snake them out. They both have quick connects down near the oil cooler where they unhook from. When i went to e fuel, i used all super duty parts, and luckily, the super duty upper engine fuel lines went right in place of the obs. I didnt like the idea of splicing rubber lines onto metal.

I used 5/16" and 3/8" compression fittings, and used the stock SD lines on one truck. Stock hp, seems to be just fine.

ghohouston

Reaction score
The compression fittings werent so large in diameter that the rubbed on the block/accessory bracket, or were you able to bend them, or???

Latest posts

Members online