SD engine harness and PCM in an OBS

JD3020

Reaction score
I've got a 100% complete E99 7.3 here, and a 97 ECSB with no front clip or engine electronics/wiring. Is it possible to use all the E99 stuff instead of having to track down all the OBS wiring and PCM? E99 has an auto PCM i believe, but running a ZF-6.

Reaction score
It is possible. I believe Cale did it back in the day. It is not easy though... Without having the two in front of me, I don't want to assume what would need to be done, but my best guess would be repinning the factory OBS PCM connector would be the easiest route since the engine bay harness has the engine wiring along with all the headlight wiring, windshield wipers, horn, fuse box, A/C, etc all routed together..

JD3020

Reaction score
^Thats what has me tied up. I haven't dug into this SD harness yet, and i haven't really messed with my OBS harness, but IDK if the engine/PCM/IDM stuff is seperate or tied into the entire harness. Probably just gonna sell the SD stuff and try to track down OBS stuff.

DocBar

Reaction score
Track down OBS stuff. I briefly looked at my SD and OBS this morning... looks like a huge PITA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
Agreed. Had this issue with an '03 Ex engine wiring harness and my '03 SD. Look on some of the used auto parts websites. I've had very good luck using them.

JD3020

Reaction score
Yeah, started pulling out the SD stuff to get the cab ready for scrap and compared it to my OBS. Not a chance in hell it'll work. LOL. Guess it was worth a try anyways

Latest posts

Members online