seal out in the turbo?

junglejoe

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I'm fixing to have my truck studded and some injectors done.. but I'm wondering I should replace the turbo to a kc stage 2 ? I'll be running RCD 175's. But I noticed the oil seems to be getting worse at the boots. . Have a look. Should I have the seals replaced or just go with a new turbo? This is a ford reman that's on here now with about 35k miles. It was just put on when I bought the truck.

Attachments

• 20161030_122526.jpg
    20161030_122526.jpg
    897.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20161030_122553.jpg
    20161030_122553.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20161030_122451.jpg
    20161030_122451.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 67

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
That oil looks about average, especially if the boots were not changed. Id recommend changing to charlies turbo for the fun factor! It would take advantage of the bigger injectors as well as make it run cleaner, cooler, better and all whatnot.

junglejoe

Reaction score
Well in those pics you can't tell but I think its excessive. It is so bad its dripping out of the bottom boot. Wasn't doing that before. I think the seal in the turbo went south. Guess if it didnt that will be less I have to spend on this sucker.

Downey

Reaction score
seal in turbo shouldnt be leaking into the charge side it should be leaking into the exhaust. most of the oil that gets into there is from the ccv

06Amarillo

Reaction score
The charge side on mine has a puddle of oil in it as well. I thought it was turbo seal.. Hope it's not that much blow by.

junglejoe

Reaction score
If its not the turbo seal.. What the hell could it be? I know you can't tell by those pic.. But that is alto of oil..Truck has 130k. Does not smoke a drop as far as burning oil smoke. It is way down on power though. I figured it was because of the headgaskets.

What is ccv?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If its enough that its running out, it could have chit itself. If you pull the air inlet off, does it have any play in it?

Ccv is the crankcase vent, its that little hose that comes off the box on the drivers side valve cover and goes into the air intke. Its an emissions deal.

junglejoe

Reaction score
If its enough that its running out, it could have chit itself. If you pull the air inlet off, does it have any play in it?

Ccv is the crankcase vent, its that little hose that comes off the box on the drivers side valve cover and goes into the air intke. Its an emissions deal.
What could have chit it self? The turbo or turbo seal?
When I took it apart to put the remote mount oil cooler in it i did grab the turbo wheel and it had some movement.. Now I don't know how much if any its suppose to have

junglejoe

Reaction score
I'm fixing to have some major work done if this excessive oil isn't rings or something.. Hopefully it's just the turbo going south. Still has 25-30psi of boost so maybe , just maybe hopefully its just a seal in the turbo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.