Should I Buy

stratten.swanner

Reaction score
New to the forum, but not to these trucks. Just looking for some advice. I'm looking to buy an 03 F350 SRW. It has the 6.0 and has been babies and taken great care of. It has new injectors, head gasket, studs, bulletproof EGR cooler, blue spring mod, new turbo and turbo back exhaust. It also has 294,000 miles on it. The tranny has nothing done to it. I am buying from my dad and this rig has been literally had every scheduled maintenance done on it since he bought it new. I'm a little nervous about the miles on the tranny mainly, so was just wanting some advice on what yall think if I should buy or not. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05stroker350

Reaction score
New to the forum, but not to these trucks. Just looking for some advice. I'm looking to buy an 03 F350 SRW. It has the 6.0 and has been babies and taken great care of. It has new injectors, head gasket, studs, bulletproof EGR cooler, blue spring mod, new turbo and turbo back exhaust. It also has 294,000 miles on it. The tranny has nothing done to it. I am buying from my dad and this rig has been literally had every scheduled maintenance done on it since he bought it new. I'm a little nervous about the miles on the tranny mainly, so was just wanting some advice on what yall think if I should buy or not. Thanks guys!!

Was the work done by a reputable shop? Were the heads machined flat? If it was babied and you know quality work was done I wouldn't be scared, I would just beat him up on the price a little bit b/c of the miles on the tranny.

stratten.swanner

Reaction score
All work done by a great diesel mechanic. Heads machined and it's my dad haha. He said 12k.

stratten.swanner

Reaction score
I mean there are no rips in the leather the paint is in perfect nic. Just the tranny scares me.

05stroker350

Reaction score
12k seems fair to me if interior and body are in decent shape as well. Tranny could actually have a lot of life left in it but a stock replacement wouldn't really break the bank. If you plan on adding power save yourself the stress now and set aside 3k and just get it done.

stratten.swanner

Reaction score
I've thought about a manual swap if that time comes and he's never tuned the truck and I won't either

Latest posts

Members online