Snow White Resurrection

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
So what exactly happened to the motor then? Is that the video of the last time it saw the track?

The general consensus was an extreme lean out condition, of course many so called diesel engine experts came out and refuted that possibility but after Cat, IH and Mahle engineers took a close look at the parts and Mahle doing extensive testing on the pistons they all came to the conclusion that given the amount of nitrous being injected and the lack of fuel(Fass couldn't keep up)that a very extreme lean condition did in fact occur.
The pics are very evident of what took place under the valve covers.
The engine split from cam journal to crank journals, the 4 middle pistons were split at the wrist pin centerline which broke through the cylinder walls on the those 4 pistons and left plasma like torch cuts on the wrist pins and adjacent cylinder walls.

I did put a relatively stock engine back in her back in 2010 but after putting the GT42 on and bending a few rods I parked her till I could do it right again.

http://dieselinnovations.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=6828&g2_page=1

http://dieselinnovations.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=7039

Last edited:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Geriatric showdown!! Maybe after you ladies click off some mid 11 passes you can grab a glass of prune juice over toast and catch up on old times LOL

Says the punk kid that isnt even showing up...talk **** after you actually run better (on the track...not the interweb ET calculator).

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Lol yeah, punk kid. I'll bring my keyboard and your fiber pills.
Dennis, don't worry we will be retired and racing electric(wait make that gas or diesel powered) wheel chairs by the time Steve has a running truck LOLLOLLOL

Steve="s:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Wow. Just how much nitrous were you using ?

Not that much (2 .90 pills) but you have to realize we were running half the fuel they have now.

Which coincidently makes me very excited about the possibilities given the fact that we made good power back then and now have almost double the fuel to play with:evil

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Dennis, don't worry we will be retired and racing electric(wait make that gas or diesel powered) wheel chairs by the time Steve has a running truck LOLLOLLOL

Worry? LOL...not even close! I like Steve...he's a damn funny guy...but in all the time I've known him i cant remember ever taking him seriously. I will reserve that for when his truck runs and makes it to a track. Until then he can make all the "geriatric" jokes he wants...they don't change the fact that my dinosaur clunker POS 7.3L is knocking on the 10 second fuel only club door. That makes me far too happy to care what anyone else thinks. Besides...I'm guessing that Steve just missed his nap today. ;)

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
What are you shooting for this time around, fuel only? Still going to spray it?

No spray for now, going to see how quick/fast she can go on a GTX4202R( the largest turbo that I think can be realistically used in a DD/tow/weekend warrior application then add a GT55 to the equation and go from there.

I have a personal ET and MPH goal that I would like to see out of her and if I get real close on fuel then I will probably spray her to get the numbers I want.

PDT1081

Reaction score
No spray for now, going to see how quick/fast she can go on a GTX4202R( the largest turbo that I think can be realistically used in a DD/tow/weekend warrior application then add a GT55 to the equation and go from there.

I have a personal ET and MPH goal that I would like to see out of her and if I get real close on fuel then I will probably spray her to get the numbers I want.

I know it's been awhile since it's been on the track. Is the cage cert still good? Or doesn't it need certified?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I think the cage is good once installed and signed off on. His belts and everything else will need to be inspected

Latest posts

Members online