So where did it go!?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Changed my oil the other day and only drained about 6 quarts or so. Last time I did it I only got 4quarts or so but was leaking oil at the time. I have not seen any oil in the valleys. If I am burning it how is that happening and what's the fix!?

Atsah

Reaction score
So you pulled the plug and then opened the filter housing and you got 6 qt's?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I change my oil every 5k miles....I know how to change oil and other maintenance. I'm just curious cause I know I should be worried. There is never oil on ground. I have seen oil travel underneath but was told I have a small bed plate leak. But with out it hitting the ground how could it be that much missing? The bottom of the truck is NOT covered in oil like I would expect from that much missing.

Atsah

Reaction score
All I can tell you is, when I changed oil in a 6.0 I would get about 12 qt's back out of a system I put 15qt's in..

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
I would pull the pass side intercooler pipe off and look at it. Alot of oil will sit in the two ridges of the boot when a turbo fails. Ive had a customer ignore his for an entire year and kept filling the oil. The intercooler was full of oil and caused the motor to run away.

vcassens

Reaction score
I would pull the pass side intercooler pipe off and look at it. Alot of oil will sit in the two ridges of the boot when a turbo fails. Ive had a customer ignore his for an entire year and kept filling the oil. The intercooler was full of oil and caused the motor to run away.

What he said. I have seen this happen to a couple of trucks

Sent from a bus 6 feet in the air

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Are you sure it's a 6.0L you are changing the oil in? lol

4-6qt's out is waaaaaaaay to low. Im surprised it even kept the pickup tube covered during operation

Latest posts

Members online