Speedo Not Working

imelmo

Reaction score
My speedometer and odometer/tripometer has stopped working. Usually the speedo just site at zero while driving, but occasionally it starts jumping up irradically. I checked to make sure the sensor is still plugged in and it's fine. What else should I look at?

JMart

Reaction score
Did this start after the trans install?

Or after anything was mounted on the frame rail? That wire might be chaffed somewhere and losing connection.

sootie

Reaction score
check the wheel speed sensors. there should be a code of some sort as well.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
I had a speed problem With my 05, all the other gauges worked fine but the speedo would sit at 30 when stopped and move from there. I never had any codes but I found out the speed/abs sensor in the rear end was a common problem. So I changed it and it fixed it for a month or so but now the problem is back. I am pretty sure it's not the gauge cluster on my truck since everything but the speedo is correct. Sorry to thread jack but that's what I have found out about it. A lot of posts have said if the entire cluster isn't working including the odometer it is usually the cluster.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Before I was into pulling cab's I have some one else do it and they plugged in one of the main harnesses wrong and about 15,000 later it chafed the harness around the steering column, just food for thought. It has to be something like that or a bad module. Even if it is a sensor on the trans it still picks up the wheel speed from one of the abs sensors on the front axle or the Vss on the rear pumpkin, you could un plug 2 of the 3 sensors and your speedo would still work. Hope that kinda makes since.

Yes, but this started after the lift and trans were installed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.