Stack Exhaust Questions

bricewise

Reaction score
A few dumb questions.

How does a single stack sound versus a 5 inch straight pipe?

What happens if water gets into them? I would assume while running it gets blown out but what about water just standing in it?

How does the heat from exhaust effect like a line-x lining on the bed thats around the exhaust? or it doesn't?

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I went from a straight 5" exhaust to putting an 8" stack. I personally love it. Just be aware it is going to get louder in the cab. And mine just melted the factory bed liner a little where it touches but nothing bad.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I had 5" and now I have a 7inch stack. I love it. Sounds great. I put an FTE resonator in line to kill the drone and now it is perfect. As far as rain goes, don't worry about it unless it is a huge storm. If huge storm, cover it with a bucket trash bag etc... I have a custom carbon fiber stack that came with a cover so that's what I use.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Can we get a pic of your stack? Curious to how you have yours clamped and how the carbon fiber looks.

sootie

Reaction score
sound to passersby isnt that much different but it sure is louder in the cab. the rain is no big deal except when you start the truck it covers ur cab in soot. i have never had a resonator but i think it would be a good idea if drones bother u. the heat wont touch linex but will melt work gloves and such that slide too close LOL

i actually put a 1/8" hole in the lowest part of the 90* so if it was a big rain the water would drip out.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Can we get a pic of your stack? Curious to how you have yours clamped and how the carbon fiber looks.

I used a custom built bed mount kit. Not your usual stack setup. I am very OCD when it comes to my truck hah

IMG_1384_zps1990efed.jpg

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I like it! Haha especially the mount. Ive recently noticed mine has an unusual rattle at high rpm that sounds like the exhaust hitting the frame. Is driving me nuts...

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Thanks bud! I got the mount from FTE, he builds them to order, I really like it because its super stable and it doesn't have to mount to the bed rail. I don't have any rattles either.

Dr Smoke

Reaction score
I used a custom built bed mount kit. Not your usual stack setup. I am very OCD when it comes to my truck hah

IMG_1384_zps1990efed.jpg

Stack is cool in carbon fiber. I would have had them build a 5" pipe in then flat round to sit flush in box then 8" up with studs built into stack going down through the box. Ill take a picture of mine it's hand built aluminum. Easy to tig weld alum bolts to the stack though. Not sure about carbon fiber. Then all you see in box is 8" stack no neck down. Underneath all you see is 5".

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Very cool man. It sounds like a clean setup. I love mine how it is. In person the plate and everything just gives it a perfect fit and finish.

Latest posts

Members online