Stacking chips 7.3

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Everyone says you can't do it. I've seen that you can't. But Therea a couple guys here that swear up and down they have em, I want to know WHY exactly you can't so I can try to educate
sent while trying not to blow PMRs

TyCorr

Reaction score
People did years ago. It's dumb. Stock injectors can be.maxed out by one chip. Stacking assumes there is an infinite fuel supply but it can't be accessed at once. We know it's not true.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
No it's not limited to the Injectors... It's the fact of putting two things on that do the same thing. A custom tune can do everything needed to be done.. You can physically stack an edge evolution with a juice, or something similar. But that's just stupid.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You can not stack chips... PERIOD.

You can install a programer on your PCM, then install a chip, but guess what... Your truck is running on the chip, ignoring the programing your programer installed on the PCM.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well now kids backtracking. Said his edge juice is one and the " attitude " is the second

sent while trying not to blow PMRs

Then he is not stacking...

He is running an ICP mod and a programer.

A well tuned chip would give him more power without ICP issues then those two together.

Regardless...

Your going to max out at 300-320hp with anything on stock injectors.

dietoremain

Reaction score
Then he is not stacking...

He is running an ICP mod and a programer.

A well tuned chip would give him more power without ICP issues then those two together.

Regardless...

Your going to max out at 300-320hp with anything on stock injectors.

^What Joe said.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I don't know where you all are getting your information but, you are all wrong.

Steroid-T.jpg

Steroid-T Power Module now with a Single adjustable Dial

Adds up to 120HP-200ft lbs of torque! (Stock Truck-No Chip)
Increases oil pressure to injectors and advance timing.
Quick install! Now works with Cruise Control.
Fully stackable with other chips!
We HIGHLY reccomend the use of gauges with this modification as this can cause high EGT levels when turned up.
For all 7.3L Powerstrokes 99-03
Add the ICP Pigtail to make this unit PLUG & PLAY
FREE Shipping (Lower 48 states only)!

I thought it was'nt possible.:doh:

ToMang07

Reaction score
The closest thing to "stacking chips" is running the Edge "Juice" module with a chip. Even then it's not truly "stacked." The programmer's PCM programming is overridden by the Chip....and the "Juice" just messes with some of the sensors....basically doing a 10k Mod. Not the best idea. :lame:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I don't know where you all are getting your information but, you are all wrong.

Again...

You can NOT... NOT stack chips on a 7.3... You can NOT... NOT stack a chip and programer on a 7.3...

You can buy a uber expensive 18k mod (ICP mod) and run it with a chip or programer, but all you will get is ICP issues.

Christ people, we've been over this a million times on 10 different forums over the years.

You have one PCM on a 7.3... You only need, and can only use, ONE power adder.

And NO ICP mod is going to give you 100hp... That is just a joke.

Reaction score
Is there really any reason were are talking about stakes chips?????

Really?????

Tell the dumbass is he wants to stack, stack and stack some more to go to the cummins forum.

There is no gain to buying all kinds of programmers and chips. It doesn't do anything and you end up spending more money than one ts chip or sct with custom tunes on it.

I guess you just can't teach some people how stupid that they really are. I say if he can comprehend that a stock engine doesn't make 600hp with two 300hp chips then you shouldn't waste your time convincing them. Or anymore of their limited brainpower trying to comprehend.

Latest posts

Members online