Stage ones and BASB????

KinGriz

Reaction score
is the basb going to be to much turbo for stage ones? I might go while 160/30 but that's as big as I would ever go. I have an early 99 and have read too much mixed reviews on d66 and the like. I bought my truck new and it's only got 75k on it now. I plan on keeping it for long time, I only use it to tow and I'm looking at getting a heavier toy hauler this year. I installed a BTS last year because I got tired of worrying when my tranny would fail and it was starting to shudder when backing up. I just want a reliable setup that will tow 12k and not over temp all the time.

Blowby

Reaction score
Running a GQASB and Swamps stage I's on my 2000 and it runs fantastic. No smoke and pulls great. BTS is the way to go, I have them on both my trucks.

Reaction score
I would say 160/30 should be great with the basb, the basb on my truck spools as good as, if not faster than the stock turbo did when I just had 160/0s

Swaan

Reaction score
Yup. Just buy a box borg Warner 362fmw. Put a .91 exuast housing on it and with a 160/146 or 160/30% would be an awesome tow machine.

Swaan

Reaction score
My 364.5fmw cleans up my 175/80 so I'm sure a 362fmw would be perfect with 160/30.

KinGriz

Reaction score
I started adding up what it would cost to rebuild my turbo add wicked wheel do evb delete and bellowed up pipes and it just does not make sense to not upgrade to something built for the job. If I'm going to dig into my truck that far I want to do it once and right.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I asked the same question to Matt @ Irate yesterday. He said there is a little quicker spool and flows a little more. But no Dyno data to back it up yet. Figure I'll order mine with the billet wheel from the start.

KinGriz

Reaction score
At what point is it advised to install head studs and springs? What is the difference between GQASB and the BASB?

Carolina444

Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I think you do studs and springs at the 40psi range..the only
Difference I know of is BASB is a t4 mount and I think all the others are t4i

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I think you do studs and springs at the 40psi range..the only
Difference I know of is BASB is a t4 mount and I think all the others are t4i

Stock springs are garbage unless you run a tuned stock setup. ...The 910s are what the stock springs should have been. Any increase in fueling and you'd be crazy not to upgrade the valve train.

Studs are for aggressive driving not a predetermined boost number. The psi number is thrown around because it takes certain setups to achieve 40 psi and those are capable of wrecking stuff.

My 250/200 setup is making 36-38 psi but that still requires studs.

Or you could be someone like Jake (lincolnlocker) and be running a codes with a 100% nozzle and still be tearing shti up, burning holes in pistons.

Latest posts

Members online