starts and dies

505yam

Reaction score
Hey guy been lurking for a while but don't really post, having trouble with a 2005 6.0. When cold it cranks and fires off fine but dies after running for about 5 seconds.

fuel pressure and ICP have both been verified with mechanical gauges.

replaced the ficm with a swamps 58v, replaced cam and crank sensor with no luck..
what am I missing?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Any codes being thrown? Commonly when the truck dies, it will trip a code for whatever caused it to die.

505yam

Reaction score
Only codes are for glow plugs on 2 different cylinders.

But I do not think it is related to this issue, because it has had those codes for a while

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Only codes are for glow plugs on 2 different cylinders.

But I do not think it is related to this issue, because it has had those codes for a while

So can you ever keep the truck running? And if so, when it is up to temp does it start fine?

505yam

Reaction score
It started out as a hard starting with intermittent stalling problem that has turned into a no start condition now. We tried leaving it plugged in for several hrs even though its 80deg out and it did not help.

I have buzzed the injectors and they all sounds the same and do not give any codes.

Leftthenleft

Reaction score
A buddies 04 6.0 is doing the same thing. Hard start. Get in throttle and the glow plug light, the water in fuel light, and the cruise control light all flash. Then it runs fine. I'm following this to see if anyone comes up with an answer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.