Steering stabilizers

jdgleason

Reaction score
Alright guys, I am wanting some info on steering stabilizers. Something I've never looked into, and I realized I really don't know a lot of pros, cons, etc behind them.

When should the stock one be replaced?

I'm mainly interested in either the Carli high mount vs the Icon dual steering stabilizer.

I know that bigger trucks benefit more from them, but my truck will only ever have 35s on if. I want the best handling, tightest steering feel option lol.

So, who has experience with what?!

Crack85

Reaction score
edy9y2y5.jpg

That's what it looks like

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Jd, fox also makes a high mount. Just put one on my truck last week.

Running a fox high mount and fox dual stabilizers below

IMO you can't go wrong with either setup

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Damn lol that's a lot of stabilizing! Impressions vs stock?

It's overkill I'm sure. Jus wanted to test out fox's high mount before I offered it to customers.

I like the dual stabelizers on the front of the axle, great road manners. Even better offroad and looks pretty killer. The only thing I hate is that if you ever plan on going off road you better be ready to smash one (been there done that)

The high mount is great, goes in the factory spot, and for the price is pretty hard to beat. Tighter steering than with the factory stabelizer on the drag link, and the steering wheel has that definite tightness to into compared to the "ease" of turning with the factory stab. Fwiw I noticed this tightening feeling even with the fox dual kit already installed.

Better control while driving, absolutely no side to side drift in the wheel when on or off the pavement. And it makes the truck feel much more tied together in the front end.

Can't go wrong with anyone's setup buddy, the carli or fox high mount is the way to go if you don't want anything in sight or infront of the pinion.

Otherwise icon, bilstein, and fox all have stabelizers you just pick your dual mount kit!

onebadf150

Reaction score
It's overkill I'm sure. Jus wanted to test out fox's high mount before I offered it to customers.

I like the dual stabelizers on the front of the axle, great road manners. Even better offroad and looks pretty killer. The only thing I hate is that if you ever plan on going off road you better be ready to smash one (been there done that)

The high mount is great, goes in the factory spot, and for the price is pretty hard to beat. Tighter steering than with the factory stabelizer on the drag link, and the steering wheel has that definite tightness to into compared to the "ease" of turning with the factory stab. Fwiw I noticed this tightening feeling even with the fox dual kit already installed.

Better control while driving, absolutely no side to side drift in the wheel when on or off the pavement. And it makes the truck feel much more tied together in the front end.

Can't go wrong with anyone's setup buddy, the carli or fox high mount is the way to go if you don't want anything in sight or infront of the pinion.

Otherwise icon, bilstein, and fox all have stabelizers you just pick your dual mount kit!

Do u have a link to the fox high mount and dual setup?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
in for results, need something to help keep from grabbing some of the ruts around here

12stroker

Reaction score
I have icon dual kit on my truck and it improved my handling quite a bit. With 35's up front I would get a wheel hop / almost death wobble and after installing the dual steering stabilizers I have had no issues.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Do u have a link to the fox high mount and dual setup?

I don't have a link.

The high mount is just a factory replacement option.

The dual stabelizer would be custom ordered depending on your mount kit.

Let me know if you have any other questions about fox's products so I don't hijack JD's thread.

in for results, need something to help keep from grabbing some of the ruts around here

Dustin, you really can't go wrong with any setup.

It's pretty much in the look, based on mount and shock choice. They will perform relatively close as valving will be similar.

The difference will be between a high mount, to keep it out of harms way. And a low mount dual kit for the look.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Are there any disadvantages?? Does it shorten the life of the PS pump?

smokinstroker

Reaction score
i would prefer no one even knows its there LOL esp rocks

Fox, carli, and bilstein all make high mounts.

Carli utilizes a bilstein shock with their own mount, I believe Shone had one for sale in the classifieds.

Let me know if you need info Dustin.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Any reason not to do a hydro assist? I've been thinking about it, I believe Layson told me last time I asked hydro replaces a sablizer and should be better correct? Not to mention the additional benefits

jdgleason

Reaction score
For me, cost and it's really not needed lol. I'd love to have it, but there's really not much I could do to justify Hydro assist lol

Latest posts

Members online