stock engine rebuild

Stacks92

Reaction score
I'm looking into doing a rebuild on his 2006. He lost compression in #8. I am in need of a repair manual that will cover the entire engine. Also, am I going to need any special tools for this job? I've done several rebuilds before and they are still going strong. I'm not worried about the mechanical aspect, just don't know what yo expect for tools and a decent manual. Any help and in site would be gladly appreciated!

04stroker

Reaction score
As far as tools there is a engine timing tool and front and rear crank seal remover/installers. That's all I can think of off top of my head other than normal hand tools.

Stacks92

Reaction score
Is it absolutely necessary? The cam tool? I don't do a whole lot of rebuilds, so if I can get by with less, that's fine with me. How much do the seal installers usually run?

04stroker

Reaction score
Cam alignment tool would be a good idea as well

Aka timing tool. But to answer your question you can do without it there are timing marks but you have to pull off the rear crank flange which ford says never ever never to pull off either way up to you. Crank seal tools are quite expensive just google them.

webb06

Reaction score
Aka timing tool. But to answer your question you can do without it there are timing marks but you have to pull off the rear crank flange which ford says never ever never to pull off either way up to you. Crank seal tools are quite expensive just google them.

Ah ok. Ya same thing. The seal installers can be rented from freedom racing

Stacks92

Reaction score
Yea, I don't know anyone at a ford dealer. I found that you gotta have a special tool for the trans lines going to the radiator too.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
You don't have to but it sure makes it easier. I bought my rear main tool from Shopfreedomracing, they have a 2nd hand deal that lets you buy the ones they rented out. Also just to give my input on freedom racing, they are awesome. Gave me the discounted price for 2nd hand tool, military discount and then ended up sending me a new unused tool.

Latest posts