stock sd turbo with old ww

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i am not sure how many miles are on this turbo with the 1st gen ww... thought the people that my brother bought the truck from said they only had 3-4k miles on it since install... but i know your not supposed to use a impact gun on install but is this what happens to it? only thing i can think of... the truck is an 02 cc sb 4x4, auto trans, with 6637, 4in turbo back exhaust, and a edge tuner of some sort..
ejypyve6.jpg
hurysasa.jpg
dyhy7yja.jpg
huheduqu.jpg
ysyteneg.jpg
pyzyvube.jpg
u4y5e6y6.jpg

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Wow! That bad boy snapped right off. I bet that sounded great when it happened.

They must have put a lot of stress on that rod to get the old wheel off/new wheel on.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
my brothers girlfriend was drivin the truck when it went out. she's been around semi trucks for a long time. she new it wasn't right and said she didn't hear anything specific.. just felt like no power and lots of white smoke.. and pulled into a parking lot real quick and saw the oil flowing out the exhaust... at first when i saw it i just figured it blew the seal and then smoked the bearings... took the intake off and checked the shaft play... pulled it in and out a bit and could hit the compressor housing.. said *** it, better load it on the trailer... pulled the turbo off today and wanted to see how bad the bearings where cuz i thought i could maybe put a rebuild kit in it... pulled the comp housing off and grabbed the wheel and then the turbine and they spun in opposite directions... said HOLY HELL WTF! so i pulled a little bit and the wheel and shaft popped right out so i tore it apart.. bearings are nice and tight...

neverkickn

Reaction score
U need a turbine shaft? I have one here but I would really like to trade it for a van or obs turbine if you have one laying around in good condition.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
needs a wheel and everything else too.. bearings are stuck on do the the end trying to reweld itself and creating a lip... dont know if i would use the housings or not.. dont remember right off hand what part had a bad spot in it but i think the center section had a bad spot.

live life full throttle

neverkickn

Reaction score
Should be able to polsih the housings out and reuse. I had on make contact like that before and that is what the turbo shop did.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
thats who i get most of my stock parts from... will prolly see if the turbine housing is salvageable and might just do that to have an extra turbo on the shelf...

Latest posts

Members online