Stock Turbo Question

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
While installing a BPD EGR cooler, I found the new thin metal gasket that looks more like a shim that goes between the exhaust pipe and the back end of the EGR cooler. It's all held together with a small Ideal clamp. However, when I disassembled the turbo exhaust inlet and outlet I found no such metalic gasket present in my truck with similar, but larger Ideal clamps. The question is, are these fittings supposed to have such gaskets? Is it possible they were left off during a previous re-assembly? I can't detect an exhaust leak in either location. If I have to get back in there to install these gaskets, I will but not if they don't exist. I can't determine if there are such gaskets by looking at the drawings on the Ford parts site, and the parts countermen at my Ford dealer don't know. The diesel mechanic is out for 4 weeks with knee surgery. Anybody got some experience and reliable knowledge of this system? The photo shows the reason why I replaced the EGR cooler. Thanks.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 45

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
There is suppose to be a gasket. I have them if you want them i can stick em in an envelope. Do you really need it? Not really. Unless your gonna take it apart a few times then leave it together.

FirstSixOh

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. What do you want for them? PM your snail mail address and I will send a stamped self-addressed envelope with payment. I need to get back in there anyway because the Ideal clamp on the exhaust side started to spread on the t-bolt end. I do not want a total failure when that clamp comes flying off. Robert E. Riess, San Diego

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
pm on the way. You can just send SASE no charge for them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.