Strange 6.0 Issue

Marty

Reaction score
2005 6.0 auto

Start truck up, until warm runs fine mostly. Aside from the blown headgaskets. That's not what it's here for.

Customer: Truck shuts off when you put it in R or D. Also shuts off when coming to stop.

I figure converter. Bring it in.

Well After driving it myself it doesn't feel like a converter issue. If you're in neutral and you rev it up it will shut off when it comes back to idle. Same as in park.

If you command 20% d/c on the IPR it will shut off. Usually trucks will run like crap and eventually shut off.

If you command 1250 rpms for a few seconds and then un-command it so it returns to idle it will die as well.

Truck restarts fine hot or cold. It did have an air leak. It has new stand pipes, dummy plugs, stc fitting delete, hpop. Ford also did ~5,000 dollars worth of work to it before it came here. I don't know what all the did but they didn't fix the problem either. Once you get moving the truck runs fine. Minus the headgaskets lol. Instant coolant pressure.

I'm kind of at a loss to what to do. Thoughts...?

Mdub707

Reaction score
If you get the truck warmed up enough, does it stay running when doing the same testing?

What's ICP desired and actual doing when this is happening? What does IPR % do when left alone (not commanding it to do something)? What's fuel pressure at? (even though with no fuel pressure they usually stay running).

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you get the truck warmed up enough, does it stay running when doing the same testing?

What's ICP desired and actual doing when this is happening? What does IPR % do when left alone (not commanding it to do something)? What's fuel pressure at? (even though with no fuel pressure they usually stay running).

x2 on fuel pressure.

Marty

Reaction score
Fuel pressure was fine. That wasn't the/an issue.

They are trading truck in. No longer working on it.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
No, but I have had that issue several times and it was always HPO system, related... somewhere there was a small leak or a faulty ICP sensor or wiring. Also for next time, watch your SYNC's... Recently installed cam sensors can make/break SYNC if not installed correctly

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.