Stuck turbo?

ford rules

Reaction score
So, im doing deletes and updates for a guy at my work. Truck is a 06 6.0L with about 70,000miles on it. New oil cooler, egr delete, dummy plugs, stc fitting, stand pipes, blue spring, and a coolant filter.

He just wanted me to do that and not do anything else but now after I alreay have it all tore apart he wants me to fix the turbo issue also.

I never pulled any codes but he kept saying the local ford dealer told him it had a turbo underboost code or something. When I drove it the truck seamed to build alot of boost for being stock almost 30 lbs it seamed to drive normal until it would get into overdrive and doing about 50-55 then the boost gauge would sit at 0 and would not build boost unless you stabbed the throttle quite a few times.

I have everything together besides the turbo now and i was going to pull the snap ring and the cap that covers the end of the vgt actuator and see if it felt like it was free moving or not. If it feels like its hanging up im gonna pull the exhaust housing off and clean and inspect it, if it feels free im just gonna leave it alone and throw it back on then pull codes.

I think im just gonna have to put the truck back together and pull codes and go from there.

Anyone have advice or had the same issues. Im curious what sensors the truck needs to talk to to command the VGT? EBV and MAP sensor id assume.

Gary

Reaction score
Your doing all the right stuff you may has well take the turbo apart and clean it. If your seeing 30 psi of boost on a stock tune I think you really need to clean it. Usually you only see about 20 psi on a stock truck.

Csilva187

Reaction score
I did the same work for a buddy and like you went ahead and cleaned up that turbo. Well he could careless about the delete or deltas back in check, all he cared was how much "more power" that truck had lol. I "modified" his turbo he says lol good times. I vote clean.

ford rules

Reaction score
Lol well i cleaned it up as best i could it was rusted really bad the truck sits alot he said. I got it freed up and moving but i told him there no guarntee how long itll last which he understood.
Now if it would quit snowing i could go finish it with a coolant flush and test drive but looks like thatll have to wait till the roads get cleared up.

Latest posts

Members online