Studs for exhaust manifolds?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Studs for exhaust manifolds?

Just thinking this might be nice and neat... Anyone make or have done this?

Marty

Reaction score
Thought about it. I just use stainless m10 x 1.5 x 60 bolts with lock washers. I had them in an engine for three years. Came out with a 3/8" ratchet in cab. Couldn't be happier with that.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Thought about it. I just use stainless m10 x 1.5 x 60 bolts with lock washers. I had them in an engine for three years. Came out with a 3/8" ratchet in cab. Couldn't be happier with that.

Well that was my next question... I think I will just have fastenal order some of those for me.

JD3020

Reaction score
I've thought about it also, as i plan on having the cab off when i pull the manifolds, but having to pull the manifolds off with the cab on would be a complete PITA with studs. Plus i got all new SS hardware for $8 from Fastenal, so it was a simple decision.

rascal

Reaction score

Dumb question coming...

Would this is be a flange bolt or a hex bolt?

I am on the fastenal site looking for the correct bolts now.

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
I just use the regular hex bolt.

List price on a set of stainless bolts with matching m10 lock washers is like $35.00.

I also use 2500* or whatever temp rating their Nickel anti-seize is. And drill out the alignment hole a hair.

Latest posts

Members online