Suncoast transmissions....

TyCorr

Reaction score
I called there for my buddy who has a good, working 4r100 in his truck now. He wanted me to talk to them since he is horrible with terminology and parts names.

I told them what he wanted to do. The guy said "3926 would be the price of the base upgraded transmission." I said, ok. (I was thinking my buddy thinks he's gonna get a suncoast for 2800 bucks? He's high!) Then...this is the best part....I asked THE question "What is that rated for in terms of horsepower." Guy at suncoast says, "Well, no offense, but its rated for Fah-hunnerd if anybody could evva get a sayvin-thuureeee that haaa!!"

Are they cummins dyno queen fanboys down there? Like there arent 444 IH diesels out there kickin ass?

I told my buddy what they said...he went "oh boy!"....

bigbadford01

Reaction score
Why reinvent the wheel? Known issues with suncoats trannies. I'd stick to the guys that know IMOP. BTS or John woods FTW. :shrug:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I told him that. I also told him that any trans is gonna be 4k+... I wasnt interested in suncoast or their prices but my real inspiration in posting was the last comment the guy made....

Made me laugh!

Bet Dmitri wishes he didnt have a suncoast after DPC..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've got a suncoast tranny, only thing I dont like is the TC, plenty strong, just way to low of a stall. its hard to get moving when pulling.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
Brian had a suncoast torn down in the shop when I was there once. He showed us some interesting 'fixes' they came up with to make their trans more reliable - and how those fixes were a complete fail...

IMHO, there is no comparison between SC and BTS and that price makes BTS a no-brainer. The comments from SC just reinforce that! Ask Brian how much HP his trans is rated for! :)

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldnt waste that kinda money for something like that. 4k for a tranny from them that is rated for 500hp! No way!

IM not bashing suncoast by any means. They know more than I ever will about any auto trans but the only way Id run one of theirs was if I was broke and could get a trans for cheap to get me back up and running.

I HAVE had the chance to drive a truck that was running one of their trannys. A 2000 dodge ec/sb 4x4 5.9ctd. The truck had an edge tuner and it was a real joy to drive, no bs.

Joe, I know we're not friends but you got any videos pulling a heavy-ish load with your truck?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldnt waste that kinda money for something like that. 4k for a tranny from them that is rated for 500hp! No way!

IM not bashing suncoast by any means. They know more than I ever will about any auto trans but the only way Id run one of theirs was if I was broke and could get a trans for cheap to get me back up and running.

I HAVE had the chance to drive a truck that was running one of their trannys. A 2000 dodge ec/sb 4x4 5.9ctd. The truck had an edge tuner and it was a real joy to drive, no bs.

Joe, I know we're not friends but you got any videos pulling a heavy-ish load with your truck?

LOL... Not Friends...

I dont know you, how could we be, or not be friends...:toast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvGzOuPwktY

About 18k that day IIRC, thats Chelsea ahead of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWVROfyp4Bc

Pulling my trailer to the RV park, about 22k or so GVW.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you have a good sound system, there's no such thing as 'gay' music. Whatever he was listening to it sounded hi-fi, crisp, and clear.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I kinda thought thats what song I heard. I was just listening to the audiophile quality of the sound.

Its funny because when you record sound EVERYTHING effects how it sounds. I was messing around with my eclipse the other night and all the audio components are fairly inexpensive but I didnt use them much before stashing it in the barn several years ago. I have an Aiwa headunit(200 dollar wonder), infinity 5 1/4's in the doors, factory tweets in the dash, and infinity 6x9's in the rear seat pillars. I dont have the sub in there anymore but with a 350w factory amp this setup is wicked loud and clear from dead silent to FULL BLAST! My 7.1 surround sound in my families van? Not so good.

Cody

Reaction score
Alright joe i have a serious question, how long does it take you to explain to non diesel people what your gauges do... i know the 50 questions i get with just the standard three lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.