Super Duty with an Allison

boostemup73

Reaction score
My tranny needs some TLC.. debating on building it up or throwing an Allison 1000 5spd under it? What's the way to go?
PHP:

Austin

Reaction score
I'm with these guys. A bts isn't very cheap, but after you picked up an allison, bought all the parts to make it adapt and work right you would probably end up spending close to the same if not more. All for an inferior transmission.

TyCorr

Reaction score
the 4r100 isnt the sh!tbox everyone who doesnt own one makes them out to be. Otherwise mine wouldnt have lasted 256k miles before it sh!t the bed.

I think a good built one will last me the remainder of the trucks life...or I hope so.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Its more so for the extra gear. Pretty sure i can get the whole set up for $5000 or less

Does the 7.3 really have a narrow powerband that necessitates it be kept in a certain range? Beyone that isnt the final ratio lower(numerically higher)? I know that is one of the reasons a 5r is a crappy idea for a 7.3.

I dont know buddy it seems like you're trying to do something you dont really need to, that, however is the whole basis of the diesel perf market!! LOL

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Its a no brainer.

BTS, John Wood, NADP, Twisted etc 4500ish $ and proven.

The amount of custom parts you need, and the allison plus to build that will be more than 4500$

moose99psd

Reaction score
doing some quick searching and the final od ratio is so close that there would be NO benefit to installing an ally other than the "cool" factor... on top of that the ally is a POS comparatively... its no big dog ally

Latest posts

Members online