Swap 7.3 drivetrain and chassis to 2006 cab

borg

Reaction score
my northern truck low mileage with 4x4 7.3 auto but the cab and bed is rotten off the chassis.

found a 2006 2wd southern 6.0 with wounded motor. both are shortbed crew cab.

I understand it can be a bolt on affair but what exactly needs done to put the 2006 king cab on the 1999 7.3?

the donors:
1999 7.3 xlt crew cab short bed auto 4x4
2006 6.0 king ranch short bed auto 2wd

i have found some info but i was hoping for a thread on it with pictures
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28595

m j

Reaction score
I am interested in this idea as well. 6.0 trucks are dirt cheap when they are broken.
would make a good home for a nice reliable 7.3

co04cobra

Reaction score
We have done several. I've posted on it in several threads on here, one of them being the thread linked . I have several pics of the swaps but there on a disc somewhere I haven't seen in a while.

It's a little time consuming but fairly straight forward. Some small changes depending on the year of your donor truck, and if your using a 05 up suspension.

Post up ?s you have about it and Ill try to help.

Or we offer the swap in house. We can provide everything from both trucks or just the labor for the swap if you already have the trucks.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Here's a few pics from my phone. We had a 2 of these going on at the same time. Various states of the builds. The F-550 was built for some family friends that have a large farm and tow a TON.

The SRW truck was built out of a 06 cab and chassis and was much more labor intensive changing it into SB truck.

image_zpsqk0zxvnw.jpg

image_zpspc6b9lwm.jpg

image_zpspusbybzp.jpg

image_zpsvau5ghzp.jpg

image_zpsb9gibzhk.jpg

image_zpstwjgdndi.jpg

image_zpsrtpl6dcp.jpg

Latest posts

Members online