T.f!.... Converter or tune issue?

slc6oh

Reaction score
So just now tried seeing what the stall on the (2000mi sense rebuilt) precision converter was... Rolling very slow into the throttle, it seems as soon as i start getting smoke coming from the tail pipe it falls on its face like its bogging out... The first large drop in rpm is it doing it not me, i hold throttle steady and try to keep pressing momentarily

https://vimeo.com/177633574

Tried again getting into the throttle much faster and same thing but bogs much faster.

Runs,drives,shifts fine, comes off idle great... But somethings obviousally going on, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78f100

Reaction score
I don't think that's a convert issue, it's hard to tell but I would check fuel pressure, ipc, map, and ebp out really well. Start with map and ebp.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue when the truck is hot and in a race tune. I have narrowed it down to either stock oil not keeping up with my 205s or a converter issue. I would start by checking all your inputs as was stated. Specifically ebp, as it can cause goofy chit. It looked like you icp was staying halfway steady though.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yea, ill check ebp and fp with a load. Im on all stock fuel minus a dd regulated return

slc6oh

Reaction score
I know icp holds steady on wot pulls, ill check ebp and try and see fp tomorrow. Unloaded just holding at difrent rpm in park it holds steady. (Gauge is just on the regulator under the hood)

WhAt about the map do i needa watch? I was under the impression that it did nothing but watch egr flow some how.?

slc6oh

Reaction score
Did notice today.. 4th gear (5th) locked up, wot, not cleaning up all the smoke. Still a good haze.. Turbo should move enough air to clean up everything the stock sticks can provide... Whitch i know for a fact even a month ago it cleared up the srl+ file i was running, now on a reduced fuel 1.6ms spd/tow tune.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Map on a stock truck will cause it to fuel hard, same with ebp to build what it wants to see, but may be irrelevant on a tuned truck. Maf is what tells what egr flow is.

Your air filter aint dirty or somethin is it? Something stupid like that....

slc6oh

Reaction score
Ebp vs boost is within 1 psi of boost all the way up. So assuming the cts2 is reading right, i assume im good there.... Air filter has like 5000mi of city driving on it, so i doubt (7 layer afe deal on no limit intake)

slc6oh

Reaction score
MAP sensor!! Fucc i read that as MAF the first time... As far as map goes what am i looking for? Was told on these tunes all my cts will ever read is 28# even if making 40

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Monittor map, ebp, baro koeo. They should be damn near the same. Ford says 1.5psi differential is ok, but honestly within .5 psi is what i like to see. Have you tried it with the icp unplugged? It could be reading ok voltage, but be not ramping up correctly for the pcm to like it or something.

78f100

Reaction score
Map at sea level should be 14.7, it should read whatever atmospheric pressure is if you live at altitude, koeo. Like 6.0tech said map, ebp, and baro should be very close.

Latest posts

Members online