T4 install tips

2000wa250

Reaction score
Hey guys....so I'm getting ready to install my new t4 Turbo on Thursday and I wanted to start gathering some information from those who have done this before me. I'm looking for tips and tricks to make stuff go as smooth as possible. Also a basic how to and advice on installing injectors.

sent from my busted touch screen

2000wa250

Reaction score
Also I'm trying to get this done as fast as possible. I have at most 2 days to get this done but I'd rather get it done in one long one if I have to

dietoremain

Reaction score
Injector install isnt bad, just gotta make sure you pull all the GP's and crank the motor over to get all the oil/fuel out..

turbo install, well i dunno there havent done a T4(yet).

2000wa250

Reaction score
Planning on changing to oil at the same time so that might help as far as limiting the amount of oil into the cylinders

bad12jr

Reaction score
It won't help because you aren't draining oil from the rails. The best thing to do is get it slightly up hill and pull the back injectors first since the motor sets at a slight angle anyway. Get a big plastic syringe with a the plastic tube like used on cattle to suck the oil from the cylinder.

As for the t4 not much advice but good luck on it.

Cota

Reaction score
My first tip is find someone that has done it before to give you a hand.:D
Where are you located?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
T4 installs depend heavily on the setup and turbo choice - without knowing details about that there can't be any tips given... Say you have an S400 charger on a Murff mount - then you have a clearance issue to contend with on the driver's side head, or you have a waste gate on an Irate mount - then you have a tight fit clearance issue back at the firewall to watch out for (not picking on these guys, just trying to be fair in throwing out examples). Tell us what you are doing and we can help.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
What Jason said. And as far as injectors, don't worry about pulling the glow plugs, just get a 24mm I believe it is and a long handle ratchet. Use this to roll the motor over for a while and the oil will eventually seep past the rings. You roll the motor by the crank pulley nut. And swapping the injectors isn't hard at all, be sure to loosen the oil tubes for clearance while removing and installing.

Ferd66

Reaction score
Oh and just drain the heads, the plugs for the fuel are on the back of the heads right between the fire wall. You can use a 1/4 drive socket to loosen them and as far as the oil is concerned you can pull both brass plugs under the valve cover and blow the oil out with an air gun. Its worked fine for me.

Marty

Reaction score
Depending on the casting of your turbine you might have an issue if the nuts supplied for the studs are 17mm.

I use an Allen head bolt on the bottom now since you can tighten it easily.

IMAG1452.jpg

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
I've installed quite a few irate kits. T4, t4 wastegated, t4i kits. The clearance between driverside head and turbo is no longer an issue (it was only on install) as he has raised the flange. The wastegate issue fitting is no longer an issue. If you can't make the intake fit around the ccv then just swap valve covers. Yes you have to pull the intake to change your oil but it gives you a chance to check your turbo Everytime ;) If you have any issues, you can call me if you can't get hold of Jake.

I'm trying to get Jake to take on my bolt in the bottom idea and put it on all of his kits lol.

Last edited:

Homesteader

Reaction score
I've installed quite a few irate kits. T4, t4 wastegated, t4i kits. The clearance between driverside head and turbo is no longer an issue (it was only on install) as he has raised the flange. The wastegate issue fitting is no longer an issue. If you can't make the intake fit around the ccv then just swap valve covers. Yes you have to pull the intake to change your oil but it gives you a chance to check your turbo Everytime ;) If you have any issues, you can call me if you can't get hold of Jake.

I'm trying to get Jake to take on my bolt in the bottom idea and put it on all of his kits lol.

Is this with Jake latest T4 kits? Pull the intake to change the oil?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Is this with Jake latest T4 kits? Pull the intake to change the oil?

He is saying IF you cant figure out how to route the 4" intake tube and clear the CCV, then you can swap your valve covers. Once they are swapped you will fill the truck up with oil on the drivers side, requiring you to pull the intake to do it

Latest posts

Members online