T4 mounts - trans dipstick relocation?

mandkole

Reaction score
for those of you with T4 mounts and 4" DPs, what are you doing with the dipstick tube? Looks like I'll need to go above the uppipe, but below the DP. It needs to make a small radius bend right after the bracket. Wondered what everyone has done...

Black 02

Reaction score
My dipstick goes over the 4" downpipe. I think it rests on the downpipe, but it fits. I'm using Irate's kit. I didn't do anything to it.

mandkole

Reaction score
This is not an irate mount--it must be a little higher and it also rotates the housing a few degrees to the firewall. Theres barely enough room for the DP and no way that the stock tube will fit without major rework.. its keeping the centerline length of the tube right so the dipstick read isnt too far off.

Just wanted to see what everyone else had going on. thx

mandkole

Reaction score
I cant say who did it, but it does fit good. Everything in the install has had a lot of attn to detail and has been nicely massaged and rubbed on to fit right. The dipstick is the remaining issue--Im gonna find another stock tube and play a little with it.

I was hoping to find someone who had a similar deal and found a creative solution with stock parts. No bigs, we can fab a new tube if necessary.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You have Gordons truck right? I didn't think there was an issue with it. I know he used to have it zip tied to the cowl...

I tried to clock my set up like his, but unless your running a short scroll turbo its just not possible.

And to be clear this is the Auto Trans dipstick...

mandkole

Reaction score
yes, it is Joe-- he offered to help with another one but Ive not wanted to bug him with it. I plan to get a stock one to check it out. The trans tube is currently broken/capped just above the bracket to the block. Tube mods were planned when it was broken.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
hummm... Ya with that one off kit it might be a bit of a custom fab deal... What you need to keep in mind is length... Shape doesnt matter, just over all length so it reads properly.

mandkole

Reaction score
yes, the length is the key. Plus, you need a loose enough bend in the tube to get the white stick through. I had an idea with EMT tube but the bend is too tight and the stick gets stuck. Too loose of a bend wont let it fit below the downpipe. For the size of the pipes (down and uppipes) and everything involved, it really could not fit another way--plus its so sano, I dont want to mess with it. A head scratcher...

My option is to use the suncoast dipstick kit that was set up for difficult twin setups-- its purdy, but spendy. Still thinking.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.